63mm hub motors preorder

Ok. Only one phase wire to repair. I GOT THIS.

man I had all of the above… flat spots and loctite errywhere.

1 Like

Red or blue?

I use red any way Iv found the quickest and eaiest way to stop this! And I’ll post about it very soon!

Just requires a drill press.

How have you been liking them so far any way?

Have you dialed in the vesc settings yet, Iv been using 0.09 start up boost and it makes it killer!

red man… the stuff thats never meant to come undone. I think I just didnt put enough.

All good. Solder is my thing.

I gotta ask. Why are the grub screws so fuxking small? You could have easily gone m4

yes i know you could always go bigger your self with a tap and die set,

nice soldering!

yeah i was thinking i might tap em out to M4

although im sure when i loctite th Bjesus outa this thing it aint gonna come off again.

well looks like I found the problem. the grub screw hole was crossthreadded and no amount of loctite was going to hold that thing in… looks like i’ll be re tapping that sooner rather than later…

yea the pitch on the M3 is really small, so easy to cross thread. but you let me know how u go with the tap and if it works fine ill upgrade to m4

in the mean time you could test the motor as a single drive, i have been testing and with start up boost at 0.09 it works fine and as long as you have used th motor limits i have suggested then you won’t damage the motors

already done that LOL :wink:

well i think every one would like to know your performance opinion for single and dual drive!

top speed was identical, starting torque and acceleration wasn’t as good (of course. that’s to be expected.) but overall its certainly ridable. probably still better than my single belt drive SK3’s

you need to hook me up with the VESC app so that I can test more thoroughly.

I can do that you will need one of these or similar http://tronixlabs.com.au/breakout-boards/bluetooth/cc2540-serial-bluetooth-v4-0-ble-module-ibeacon-australia/

That is not a problem.

2 Likes

well the hole is a little too close to the edge for M4 so I could only tap it out to M3.5 which turns out to be the rarest thread of all time. so my local stores dont stock screws :unamused: i’ll have to order them specially.

maybe thats why i didn’t do it, but i remember i had a problem with it being to close to the bearing at one point. couldn’t get the alien key in tp listen it so i moved it out.

@lowGuido took these video’s they are before he figured out the correct start up boost settings!

new sales page

http://vesc.net.au/product/83mm-hub-motor/

atm I’m having a preorder sale i need to get to a qualified number of buyers to make the next order!

3 Likes

How comes development of the 7075 model?

This is great !! I’ll be buying one set next month.