8 pin in a 6s Bms

Hi Guys, I bought a Bms from Alien (Bestech but rebranded) and saw that there is 8 pins not 7 and I have a 6s battery, what do I do?

Please Help Me

It also came with this factory problem, should I worry?

Please Help me

No need to create a second topic :wink:

can you post the link of that BMS?

I Don’t think that is a Bestech. A Bestech 6s bms should only have 6 pins I searched that part number on Bestech website and there where no results.

@rpn314 @Namasaki

Hi guys, first I would like to say that Alien annouce a different BMS from the one that they sell and I wired it like the one in their site. Let’s continue, the Bms in the question is a PCM-L16S50-985, that works for 6-16S and I wired it like the Bestech one, unless for the balance cable that I adapted the one that came with the board for 6s (Picture 1). Fine, I connected the balancing cables and then plugged my battery and a big spark happened and started smelling like the BMS was burned, It burned my XT-60 and now I’m lost, I want my money back!

The Bms have it self 5 pins, two P-, Two B- and one CH-

This one is my schematic

@Namasaki @rpn314 Please, I need help

Please post the link to where you purchased it

They sent me a different BMS from the on that is listed

Oh. I didn’t understand that they’d sent the wrong one. Is it possible to contact them and try to exchange it? I’m not sure what they sent you is functional for your needs (if at all)

From the picture you posted above it wants you to put the first balance wire on B- them all of the normal balance pins, and then B+. Totals 8pins which is what you have

Im talking with Bruno, but he takes longs times to answer me

But normally the first one is the positive, right?

@rpn314 I think I burned it, but I don’t have fault. Because he sent me a different Bms

Normally you dont connect B+ to a balance pin, but it looks like your bms wants you to.

Se mandaram o BMS errado, manda um email e não mexe com este. Relaxe e espere. Pare de mexer até que eles falam o que deve fazer. Se mexer, pelo menos um parte da culpa é sua.

Vamos praticar o português, o que realmente aconteceu, o Bruno além de declarar o valor errado e fazer eu pagar uma multa de 1200 reais mandou o BMS errado e esqueceu de uma parte do Motor Mount. Eu fiz como vocês mandaram, mas percebi que havia oito pinos, mas no plug que veio com o BMS havia um pino não usando, ai pensei q era pra não usar e fiz o adaptador e conectei tudo certo. Fui fazer o teste de passagem de corrente, sem plugar o BMS ao Carregador, e Parece que um curto foi causado e um filamento se desgrudou do BMS, ou seja, o Bms veio sem configuração alguma e ainda veio com o plug errado, pois para mim o Positivo sempre é o primeiro no cabo de balanceamento. A culpa não é minha e já recorri com a Alien, mas ele entraram em recesso (Recess) e irão demorar para me responder, só quero meu dinheiro de volta para comprar o IMAX B6. Gostaria de algum site para reclamações internacionais, teria algum?

That is freaking strage, because Normally the BMS have not a B+, just a B-, and mine have just B-, so I tought that it was normal like the one they put in their site

:astonished:…não sei of que falar. Eles erraram… Ainda sim, acho que o melhor coisa fazer é esperar. Você pagou a multa? A multa é porque é importado, não é?

Não sei o que está acontecendo lá na http://alienpowersystem.com/. Vi a noticia que estariam fechados, mas quase um mês é muito tempo…e não usaram ingles correcto na noticia (uma coisa pequena. deveria ser “25th” não “25rd”).

Tem um foto desse fio?

That looks like a pretty important trace (that’s what we call those little wires that go on a circuit board) . It came like that?

After the short it appeared