A safe build/DB Lunchtray/"Jacob trucks"/Jacob hub Motors/ Enertion VESCs/Space cell/lipo flat pack

Thanks, I will use 10 awg wire. I assume I can use the xt60 connectors that I already have and replace the wire. and is parallel ok here or should I be going for a series connection between vescs … does it make any difference ?

Is 25amo enough?

Yes you can use the original xt60s. Keep them in parallel. You could even do this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aCtiN1KR9iE

1 Like

An eboard only draws 5amps average. When you start to go high speeds and go up hills then it will go up.

Yup, and seeing as my house is 170m higher up from uni I may be pulling some amps. I may go with that dual outlet connector, as long as it is structurally sound. looks pretty neat!

i own quite alot of 25amp wire will i be able to make the whole board with that

1 Like

Use 10 AWG for battery and 12AWG for motors at minimum.

Ok thankyou

Just about to pick up some thread locker, should I be looking for medium strength (blue?) or the strongest (red?) version? If it makes a difference I’m using hub motors, so no motor mounts and plan to use shock pads between trucks and deck.

in my experience, dont use RED unless you never wanna take it off again. This is coming from my experience with camera gear-- not something that moves and vibrates-- but something to keep in mind.

Blue…if it gets stuck…just heat it up … Red means business

But…hub motors…in what application?

@Michaelinvegas Using hub motors to drive me forward? Saw some people using it on the grub screw, but I plan to use it on the nuts and bottles of all the hardware, kingpin and wheel axels, is it necessary/useful. Just found it now at the hardware store, there’s medium 243 and strong 263 loctite here

2 Likes

Get both. @Michaelinvegas makes a good point. There may be some applications for red. But I think the grub and the center should be blue in case you need to replace a motor or replace the rubbers. Heat is needed for red removal

I’ll just get medium strength for now, its surprisingly expensive here after seeing it on enertions website for $7

Yeah shit is like gold lol

I was about to say that, but I just checked, gold is $43 per gram, this is only $ 2.50 per gram, I’ll look on the bright side haha

2 Likes

use loctite on the grub screw and also file a flat on the axle for the screw to seat into…

although if its the motors with the trucks and the holes then you might not need that… but loctite ALL the screws

Thanks for the tip dean, have any pictures of what you mean? Just finished an 11 hour shift so my brain isn’t working good. And by all the screws is the truck kingpin included?

and at risk of looking like an idiot… That’s the grub screw right ? the hex-tiny screw thing

yep thats it!