A Tiny Like Really Small Board

So i’m currently at uni and i want to make a tiny Really portable board so i don’t have to walk the 500m from the train to my class.

I’m really not to fussed about top speed or about range i just want it to be as small as possible.

Having researched i haven’t seen many small boards or any non-long boards.

How unstable are small boards? I believe that why Long boards are so popular because there so stable.

This is the board i was looking at using: http://www.121cboards.com/rover/

1 Like

If your not worried about speed you dont need a longboard. The only reason we use them is for their stability at speeds around 20+mph. It is definitely possible to build. You are going to need a small battery motor and enclosure most importantly. I am doing a group buy right now for 6354 motors that would fit this project like a glove, and you can score one for $61! I would check out some of these build threads:

http://www.electric-skateboard.builders/t/6354-stealth-motor-group-buy-part-2-rotating-light-rocket/8828?u=jlabs

Smaller the board the less powerful it will be and the less steeper incline you’ll be able to climb.

If your not worried about it then it’s perfectly fine.

Originally, I wanted to make a really small/nice setup that’s about 25-27" but you run out of deck space for a flat pack.

Sounds great though. 22-24" are nice.

thats a cool mini board but like tb said you’ll run out of space fast.

it’s also shown on 125mm trucks, most builds are using 180mm to have enough space for mounts/pulleys… but it would look and ride pretty funny with trucks that wide and board that small… maybe 165mm calibers would work…not sure if anyone has tried tho.

Hey I was looking at the same board to haha they are nice I think they might be a little to flexible tho :stuck_out_tongue:

Yeah i have been looking into the trucks. i’m still not sure how I;m going to do it. weather i just use larger trucks or make my own motor mount on smaller ones.

yea thats what’s been keeping me away from a penny/nikel size board so for now i’m going for a slightly larger but still portable build with the jet potato/spud 29"

its not tiny, but its alot more capable! then you can just get off the train a stop earlier and enjoy the longer ride to wake up before class.

I’m working on a 32" Mini Carbon Fiber Deck. Will fit a 10s3p and 2x VESCs. Should be awesome. I was trying to make it smaller but making it even smaller would sacrifice something which I didn’t want to do.

I think stability has to do with a rider’s ability. There are people bombing some hills on their 22" Penny on youtube.

Even if you can get it to work, it’s just an awkward ride if you buy off-the-shelf stuff from vendors. 83mm wheels + 10" trucks on a 22" deck looks funky. One poster here put Enertion parts on his Penny and I just can’t see it being enjoyable. I think going to a 29"+ deck would be more reasonable.

Here’s what it might look like on a 22" deck. https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=73256&hilit=penny+board

1 Like

Cmatson did a build on 160mm Caliber 2s. I got the idea from him and have torqueboard v4 mount on mine. It’s doable!

I remember on endless-sphere a couple years back, someone made a friction drive setup for his 22in penny.