A2ESK8 Mini Cruiser | 30" Carbon Fiber Deck | Single Carvon V2 Hub Motor | 12s1p LiFePO4 | VESC

I’ll need to do more riding on it to give a better assessment, but just off the top of my head, it seems to have a more efficient discharge especially from standstill to full throttle. Feels a little smoother and the voltage sag isn’t as dramatic as the 25R. Maybe I’m not riding it as hard but it doesn’t seem to heat up as much either. I’m building a 12s2p battery next.

5 Likes

Thanks for posting all your stuff. I have an evolve GT I use to commute (needed the AT setup as roads around me are terrible). But I had been looking for a stealthy board for awhile now for cruising and errands and just overall fun. I came across your build and it inspired me to build my own board using a similar setup. Thanks again and keep up the awesome work!

1 Like

no problem keep me posted on your build, happy to help!

@RunPlayBack you got a link for that voltage read out? that would look damn sexy next to my power switch too.

Just a generic display from ebay. I’d recommend resoldering the positive and negative leads as they can come loose.

love your build!

some questions here…

1- with this kind of battery (LiFePO4) is true that you can discharge the cells to zero without any damage or is like lipos?

2- with your setup how long the battery lasts?

i’m want to put a BMS on my esk8 and this thread is very helpful :slight_smile:

thanks

You can’t discharge below 2v with these cells or you will damage their capacity. Not sure where you found that. I cut mine off at 2.5v to be safe. They don’t have much capacity after that anyways.

Just for reference, I get about 5 miles with pack. I have a 6364 SK3 Instead. 180lb…

1 - yup that’s right I would not discharge the cells to zero, it may not catch on fire but it will definitely degrade the capacity of the pack.

2 - i get under 10 miles on my pack - that’s mainly riding on flats and my weight (130 lbs)

Love this build dude. Do you know of any all terrain builds for mini cruisers? I’d be interested in this same exact build but with some all terrain wheels. Wachu think?!

I’m going crazy looking for front and rear nose guards for my board but everything i find are at least $30 and up for two, i refuse to pay that much for a piece of plastic or rubber, my board is 1/2" thick, where did you get your nose guard from?

A front and rear guard comes stock with the Hi5ber Ion 30. I replaced the rear with this one:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Skateboard-tail-guard-/221766292556

Heres my deck, longboard, no kick tail, i really like the front one you have, any similar ones online that i can buy, i you know of any?

1 Like

These look like they’d fit your board and only $13

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Longboard-Nose-Guard-and-Tail-Guard-/162495132093

1 Like

Thank you, btw, love your website runplayback.com

Super impressive build @RunPlayBack. Mind sharing your VESC settings for the 12S LiFePO4s? Doesn’t seems like your full & comprehensive breakdown hyperlink works any longer and I, and I assume others, would like to understand what did/did not work for you. Thanks.

Oh yeah revamped my site a bit…here’s the article you are looking for:

http://runplayback.com/blog/why-i-built-a-carbon-fiber-electric-skateboard-mini-cruiser

These were my VESC settings for that build:

FOB Enabled Motor Max: 60.00 A Motor Min: -60.00 A Bat Max: 40.00 A Batt Min: -12.00 A Absolute Max: 130.00 A Max ERPM: 100000.00 Min input voltage: 8.00 V Max input voltage: 57.00 V Battery cut off start: 33.00 V Battery cut off end: 30.00 V

I know it’s been a while but I’ve been looking for good LiFePO4 cells to build my own pack (premade packs could work too I guess) but can’t find any sites aside from Alibaba and stuff which don’t seem all that trustworthy. any sites anyone here would recommend? and if anyone here still rides, how do LiFePO4’s compare to li ions over time?

thanks!