Absolute max focbox.. can’t find the answer

You need a no limit firmware to do anything like that… Otherwise motor max and Abs max are limited…

I’m editing this Because I don’t want people confused with my ways.

• The copper pours, mixed with the thermal mass of the heatsinks make the focbox really only able to handle around 2500w continuous for a few minutes. Additional thermal mass(aluminum is needed) to run more, but still I wouldn’t go to much past 50 Bat max, unless the foxbox gets a revision with 3 or 4oz pours. The 2oz will deal with up to around 100a burst, but not continuous (you’ll eventually make the fets reflow themselves).

• regarding the fets. The fets on the focbox are rated up to 75v, and 250a provided they are kept below 60c. My motor amp settings may be high, but it really only affects low end acceleration. As motor max must conform to battery max as duty cycle increases. These are not continuous settings, they are for burst acceleration. If this doesn’t make sense… look up some of my other posts about motor current dropping as duty increases.

Please don’t try this unless you know what your doing, and can match your outputs to your load(weight) and can keep the temps down. Another side note, amps normally aren’t the ESC killer, heat is. But heat is generated by current(amps). If you cannot calculate your bldc, or foc values by hand with manual tests to verify the automatic detection settings, do not do this.

3 Likes

The absolute max is a last resort cutoff in case the softy back off strategy fails. Setting it too low is a big mistake. According to Vedder’s site you can set it between 130a and 150a per Vesc. I have been running mine at 140a for a long time with no issues.

3 Likes

Ive done 120motor 150 abs i thought that was fast. you are insane dekoz XD. I can’t even pull trigger all the way.