Affordable ESC, motors, battery and BMS combo: Will it work?

Hello,

I am currently building my first esk8 ever. I think I’ve read a lot about it by now so I decided to put some affordable parts together. I just want to be sure it will work together and maybe hear some improvements to make it work even better. I am not sure if it deserves its own thread but I will try :slight_smile: .

So as an ESC I’ve chosen this one, mainly because of price and simplicity. Do you have any experience with it?

I want to make a dual-drive that would perform great in a hilly area. That’s why I would choose this motor. The same motor is available also in 220kv version. What do you think? Which one would be better? 140 or 220kv? Isn’t 140kv overkill a bit? I’ve read somewhere, that optimum for belt drive is around 170-270kv. I just desire it would handle some hills with my weight (80kg). If it would be able to hit 30 km/h it would be great though.

My next question is about the battery. I would like to build a 10S4P battery pack from these cells. They are super cheap and that way I would get 50 amps discharge rate I guess. Do you think it is ok to use them with the ESC and motors I mentioned above, or should I buy batteries with higher discharge rate?

And the last question … the BMS … Would this BMS work with my battery and ESC? I would like to buy the 60A version with a separate charge/discharge port.

I am looking forward to your answers :slight_smile:

I have a similar ESC with remote controller that I can give it to you $20. I’m basically giving it away for free as the $20 is to cover the shipping fee and my time to go to the post office. Mine does not come with a battery meter though(battery meter on ebay is like $5). One word of warning is that since this ESC is not programmable the acceleration and braking aren’t very smooth.

I don’t know how steep hills u got but that ESC can give i think 12a maybe 15a.

BKB sells kits at good prices and good part check his site

Look at the other froum news…

Recommend this high quality motor and ESCs in MICHOBBY shop. It has many items in promotion now.