After VESC Firmware update, motors not detected?

Did you ever figure this out? I tried @Ackmaniac’s latest 3.1 firmware with a Torqueboards VESC, and I got the same “Over Temp” error, and could not even get the motors to spin during detection. I switched back to the 2.54 fw and BLDC tool from his original thread and everything works fine now.

I guess you are installing the wrong firmware for your hardware. If you have the 4.12 hardware you have to choose this file.

It also could be because of wrong readings from the motor temp sensor. But you can check that when you have a look at the realtime data.

2 Likes

Ah, yes. Derp. That makes sense. I’ll try it again with the proper hardware selected this time. I’m still kind of a VESC noob, and was trying your latest software way too late last night, er, this morning and missed that. I figured it had to be something simple that I was missing since it worked on your old fw.

Thanks for the prompt response and all your hard work on this project. Really great stuff, especially with the app. I’ll definitely be sending a donation your way soon. :+1:

2 Likes