Air Blade | Enertion R-spec 6372 | 10s5p | TB single motor kit | Never Summer El Jefe Board

While waiting for bms and the battery itself, im gonna do the motor detection. After asking and reading around, finally have enough confidence to do it, but i ran to a post that the op has a quite serious incident while doing motor detection( broke his thumb nail) so i decide to make a motor stand

I dont have a table saw so i improvised

It turns out pretty good i think

And with my bad luck, my laptop has broken down when i need it the most. One of my friends always says “Well, necessity is the mother of invention” . So i go and put together some old junks that i have kept for years to temporarily replace my laptop

Oh god, hepl me. I have not touched ubuntu for years. Now i have to configure the vesc with it.

Then my brother helps with soldering the 5.5mm connector on the vesc

Well, it may not be a piece of art, but i think i will do the trick.

1 Like

How I solder bullet connectors…

I clip a piece of solder and stick it inside the bullet connector enough so that I can insert the wire then hit it a tiny blow torch and let melt then hit the outside with my regular soldering iron … The silicone sheathing get toasted around the wire a little but some shrink and it’s perfect :wink:

1 Like

@Michaelinvegas you mean like this

https://youtu.be/-4foev6hjJk

1 Like

Yeah essentially :wink:

Thanks bro.

1 Like

Nice board !

1 Like

Lol I hope the noobs aren’t driving themselves crazy trying to do it the hard way

I believe everyone was noob once. Lol Hey today i made some space estimation for the electric stuff under my board Which one do you think will give enough room for the motor?

I think this one would, do you?

1 Like

Lol hey I never used paper to set up…

Good idea

Top one

Look what is in the mail today

This weekend is gonna be epic.

3 Likes

So i went the market this weekend.

I bought everything that i needed for the board like, wire, connector, jst 2mmwhich later i decided not to use, instead i solder them directly on the vesc

12 Likes

Let’s get to work

I did the motor detection, the motor spins for some seconds, the stop but the bldc says bad detection result.

I used laptop-like chager to do the detection, its 19v 3,42amps

Can the charger be used in motor detection? Or i missed something.

3 Likes

That place is magical…

Dude, where do you stay at? That market looks like something I would see in Vietnam or Thailand.

@anorak234 ikr. Nowaday we usually do online shopping, but i prefer the traditional way :smile:

@FlashNova im Vietnamese, living in Ho Chi Minh city in the south of VN.

1 Like

I did the motor detection but it was “bad detection result” what did i do wrong?

This is the first time detection, didnot write any configuration execpt for the nyko.

Im using laptoplike charger 19v 3,42amps is this the reason why it fails?

1 Like

Yes it could be your supply. I had the same results while trying with a 3S lipo, these motors need that extra juice. Worked fine when i used my 10S pack

1 Like

Kool thanks man @Blasto I will try that this weekend

OP also keep in mind if you charge with the fastest charging it will make the lifespan of you getting the full charge less over time. If you charge at a lower speed it is basically trickle charging which preserves your battery life.

1 Like