Hey guys! About to venture into the world of eskate with my first build! I’d appreciate some guidance in regards to the technical compatibility of my parts list, as while I have read a ton, i’m still not 100% sure I understand everything
All price is USD.
- Loaded Vanguard - $80 Used - Awesome deck, been riding it for a while and love how it handles and feels!
- Caliber II’s - $30 Used - Good quality no frills trucks! Works with most motor mounts.
- Motor Mount w/ Drive Wheel Kit from diyelectricskateboards - $127 - Complete kit ready to be mounted to my calibers and kegels.
- Orangatang Kegel 80mm 80a - $60 - Fits directly onto the motor mounts and should work well on an eboard.
- VESC - $100-165 - Not sure if I am going to buy from @chaka or @torqueboards yet.
- This Generic TX/RX - $45 - Nice an compact.
My questions are:
Gearing - What gearing should i pick for a 10S setup fair with the 192kv sk3 motor? The 3 options that they offer are: 12T/36T, 14T/36T, 16T/36T, and i’m not sure what the best one is (@Dunkirk used 14/36T)
Enclosure - I was thinking about making one from fiberglass using a foam mould - has anyone tried this?
Amazon - I have $1000 in amazon credit, so I’d like to purchase anything possible from there since i need to get it used. Is there any eskate vendors on amazon?
Thanks guys, awesome amount of info on these forums!