Almost no brakes in FOC. 12s3p 30Q battery - Flipsky 6.6 - Meepo HubMotors Style

Maybe better to ask directly to Flipsky. @BarbaraZ when you have time do you mind read the first post of this thread? Check the video and settings and maybe ask to your technicians about it. These are 2 brand new Flipsky 6.6 form the EU group buy of like last month. They basically don’t have brakes at the setting reported. Same setting used before with another vesc without problem. Thank you!

I am also curious what the telemetry data says about what regen you are hitting. It might be a simple bump in settings to get you to the same place. Annoying, but maybe not too big of a deal.

I run regen breaking pretty damn high too though. On 6p 30q I have -20 per vesc… i would try -10 per on your setup to see how it is.

2 Likes

yeh I already made the new mode. I will try this evening and see it. I also not sure why the motors keep spinning while I gently brake after acceleration. You can find the video in the first post. Maybe is due to the lower setting.

1 Like

Yeah, just watched the video. That does seem weird.

This is two separate 6.6s connected via canbus right? Out of curiosity, can you screenshot every page for your app settings general and app settings ppm for both vescs and put in an imgur album or something? The low brake motor issue concerns me…

1 Like

ahahahah great :joy:

Yep connect by canbus. I will do ti this evening when I can reach the board. Dind’t save them. I guess they should be right although is true that the motor connected to the slave vesc is the one that most of the time keeps spinning. I think the setting are ok but I will post it later.

Got answer from that guy. 60/-60 43/-10 are his settings.

ok higher as well. I will try to increase them.

2 Likes

I use 4x flipsky single vesc, the brakes is very very strong, i cant remember the exakt setting i have atm but i remember i did have to lower it because it was to strong, way more then my raptor 2. But i gues the 4wd helps abit to. I also run them in foc. But it looks like you have a very low battery current max regen, try raise it. Is it high speed brake or low speed brake that are weak?

I would say both acutally. They are really not comparable to before. I went a bit faster let say 30kmh only twice becasue after the first time I had to foot brake before a cross…Was early in the morning, that woke me up really fast though :grin:

BTW Congrats for the new shop! looking good…thinking about get an EVO style deck from you :wink:

Ok, i have done some brake test with them, at 70 km/h they was so strong i almost fell off (but maby it is because im used to the low brake power on the raptor 2 when going high speed) so after some tuning to lower them it work good, at 5-15 km/h they are still to strong, gonna test more tonight :smiley:

1 Like

Following… This is really interesting… I helped 2 friends back in taiwan build separate boards. One is based off vesc 6 (the trampa version) one is based off focboxes. Same gear ratio and tires. The one on the 6 is havingreally soft brakes… I wonder if its the 6 vs 4 design?

I have flipsky 6.6 dual on my diy and focboxes on my kaly, The kaly def brakes harder on the same setting and ratio but it has bigger motors so probably not a good 1 to 1 test.

1 Like

For what can I say my 4.12 vescs were way better in braking than these 6.6 I will get telemetry data to compare it. This morning I was really surprise to be honest.

Just check the voltage in the realtime data that it matches roughly the voltage you measure with a multimeter. Can be that they messed up the resistor for the sensor. And also check that your battery isn’t overcharged. Because in that that case the voltage during regen would raise rapidly.

1 Like

The battery was at 49.4V from external volt meter which matches the multimeter. The vesc reads 47.9V, I see from your app, that’s unfrotunatelly a know issue for flipsky vesc 6.6. I think it’s really a probelm of this vesc 6.6. I do not knwo why others didn’t notice before. About the weird behaviour you can see in the video in the first post I have no idea actually.

When you see the realtime data with the app do you see the masters data or the slaves data? Because the master would be important here.

And a difference of about 3 % in voltage looks like they used cheap 5% tolerance resistors.

I see the slave unfortunately because I have the model attached to it. Master UART I used for Firefly remote. I can use it with out the uart and place there the module if needed. The different in voltage yes, I think is reported somewhere that they use a voltage sensor with bigger tolerance. Really stupid to save money on something so visible

You can see the master via the app as well, you have to go in the settings of the app and enable CAN and select the ControllerId of the master. Please also make sure you disabled “Send status via CAN” in the masters VESC settings,

ah ok didn’t know. so mine is already set like that I thought that in that way I would visualised still the slave, but make modification also on hte master. So no definitely I see the master data on the app.