Am I having motor problems or battery problems?

I recently got a hub-motor prebuilt, a HiBoy s22, and today I started getting some slowdown after riding for a few minutes. I noticed my motors were getting pretty hot too and figured that was the problem, and so I stopped riding for a little while until the were cool enough to touch with no pain. A few minutes in, they started slowing down again. I’m guessing this is just gonna turn out to be an issue with the overheating (Today was 86°F, riding on black roads), but I also read in a few posts that this slowdown could be a sign of dead cells in the battery. I quite often fall asleep before taking my board off the charger, so (having no experience in engineering) I’m not sure if overcharging could possibly be the real problem here. Anyone have any info they can give me to point me in the right direction?

1 Like

Definitely a battery problem Along with overheating esc. Where are you located?

1 Like

I’m in the US

It’s worth noting that, when the board slowed the second time, the motors were hot to the touch again.

1 Like

Bearings. Definitely. I like talking alot of shit about fuck. Have you rode in water a lot?

1 Like

Thanks for the help, man. When I do go over small bits of water, I brake enough so that it doesn’t splatter up on the enclosure or the motors. I’ll look into switching these hubs for some Raptors or a used set of Meepo hubs to try and get some more endurance, maybe I’ll even go belt-drive

Woah woah woah… Don’t slow down for little bits of water… Bomb that shit!

1 Like