American Vendors: We need you to do better

What is a vendor exactly? We have a no vendor bashing rule here. At what point does someone become a vendor because I’m currently in possession of a battery built by someone here who makes and repairs batteries. American and definitely needs to do better because his workmanship is questionable which never should be when it’s something that can burn a house down or take a life.

I have yet to receive the refund that was promised but I did give him until this Friday. Reminder was sent over the weekend and I have heard nothing.

Even if we have more vendors here in the states, it would take a while before the trust is built to the point where they are profitable.

6 Likes

I would classify a vendor as a person. group of people who sell a products, simple as that. Obviously there are exceptions to every rule. If someone is selling a service, that person is a vendor, in my eyes. Especially if they have sold the same service to multiple people.

I think it comes down to to characteristics.

1. A person or Group that sells a Product and/or Service to multiple people, is actively advertising their Product and/or Service should be qualified as a Vendor
  2. A person or Group that sells a Product and/or Service to multiple people with the end objective being profit should be qualified as a Vendor

I would hate to see Bob S. Dumbdick who is selling his used pitted junky ass kegels qualified as a vendor. But I also think that if you are making a gadget in your garage and selling multiples for a profit, that makes you a vendor.

I will say this, as a personal rule, Im very careful who I buy battery and battery products from. A half assed battery is a quick way to get to the emergency room. If a person/vendor does this more than 1 time (as 1 time can always be a mistake out of a builders control) that person/vendor should be barred from selling on this forum forever. Just my opinion…

9 Likes