Any idea what to do with ~100pcs. PbAcid Batteries?

Can I use them for powering an eSkate or what do you think? Maybe 3 in a row for 36V and 7.5Ah (the big ones) I have about 100 pcs. here.

1 Like

It seems as you would have to put many cells in parallel to get enough amperage. I dont think it would be practical but somehow it will work… but i do not think you will be statisfied with the result.

1 Like

But maybe it could be a 300A battery… i do not know and i cannot see it on the pictures. If it is below 30A continous power you will need at least 3 in parallel.

1 Like

Just create a solar power bank with them, I think you need to forget about trying to use them for an EV.

3 Likes

If you use 10 cells that would be a super heavey board. Your batterys would be heavier than my whole boards.

1 Like

those work really well for portable stereo system…but even then li ion is so much more compact and lighter…

maybe a small go kart with all the batteries flat like a tesla!

2 Likes

too heavy to skate! I like the solar panel idea!

1 Like

how the heck would you put 3 10 lb batteries on your board?

Make a top notch HIFI Amplifier running on batteries (no residual noise from the power supply) !!!

2 Likes

maybe you can sell them all and buy a lion or lifepo4 pack with the money you make. Not being smart, just saying that it is much easier, and more efficient to use a lithium pack vs a bunch of these lead acid batteries. Too much weight and space would be burned trying to use these batteries. If you have no option, I suggest you take a look at some of those early eboards that were being made, I forget what the company name was but perhaps you can reverse engineer what they did with lead acid battery setups. But if you can, just sell those and build using some kind of lithium setup.

2 Likes

Thanks to all of you :slight_smile: The idea with the Solar Batterie is good.

But do you have an idea how to charge them? Is it possible to do 4 parallel without any diodes e.g.?

Charge them with any advanced charger what has a Pb setting. They have low power to weight ratio and sag under load. Sooooo Life for the win

1 Like

ebay is your friend.

2 Likes