Anybody seen this yet? Yuneec just came out with new models!

this video is from january, so how are these new? they have been all over amazon and ebay for the last couple of month… and yea, it’s still the same lame board with a facelift

Video might have been posted in January, but the actual boards came out later. Kind of disappointing with the electronics though, I thought they might’ve caught on to the high speed trend by now

I’ve spoken to their reps quite a few times. It’s mainly a liability thing. 13mph is much easier to run out. That translates to substantially fewer injuries. 18mph+ is a whole different ball game when it comes to bailing.

Originally, I was disappointed with the top speed of the EGO, but after riding it for awhile, it made a lot of sense. I can recommend the EGO to any beginner without a second thought or disclaimer. Controllable top speed, very reliable, easy to use, and a great remote. The Evolve, Boosted, or a DIY build is a different story. A novice skater going 13mph is not so big a deal. A novice skater going 24mph is fucking scary.

1 Like

I have the original e-go and it broke after 3 weeks of light use. Sent it out for repair, took a month and a half. They shipped it back with an invoice, I had to pay duty on a repair job. SO SO BAD!

I hate it, however… If it was not for the shitty e-go, I would not have found this forum and built my own. DIY is the way to go!

the thing wih being a beginner is that at some point you get the hang and want more from your board. And the e-go cant provide that. I think it makes more sense to buy a board that is more powerful but has two or more ride modes, like almost every board has nowadays. You start out with beginner mode and when you’re ready for more you just switch over.

3 Likes

Does somebody know what happened to model EGO - X ?

The truck / spring system looked promising… but it seems something went wrong and I have not seen this model anywhere else than in promo videos or one ‘‘demo’’.

Here, take a look at this one:

2 Likes

I had to bail out once at 20mph when a motor suddenly braked and it’s scary. I never ride more than 23mph

Looks like market for off-road yuneec is not appealing enough… will see what future brings us from chinese market in emtb segment…

(a reference to my previous post)

I actually own the blue one… aside for the weight and the slow speed… no other problem, milage is pretty good i get about 10 to 12 out of the 18 mile in the specs…BUT my board just recently when dead and is pass the warranty period so now no board for me …lol