Anyone 3D printing wheel splash guards?

NO. it’s not caliber trucks…

I developed one for 97mm wheels. Which can use a clamp for which any truck you need and some angle adjustment. It fit really good but when going over bumps it made the most hideous rattling sound so I immediately took them off and didn’t get around to designing a V2. Id rather get all wet than hear that sound again.

I think the issue was that it was too flexible and too close to the wheel so it would flex and kind of bounce on the wheel and make a terrible sound.

2 Likes

Nicely done! Perhaps you could solve the rattling bye increasing the clearance between the wheel and the splash guard, it looks very close right now.

did anyone ever get to printing these or trying? Perfect what i had envisioned… i tried downloading the file and isolating just the fenders but maybe im a noob…

Just a heads up, I’ve been printing shields all last fall and they crack apart from the vibration super fast. I just use a sheet of lexan across the front and back now…

How thick are the shields you’re printing? Mine are about 4mm and I smeared a light coating of silicone sealant on the underside.

Very nice, the rubbing could be addressed by having it mounted on both sides? Two version Regular width Wider version to go pulley

Exile boards came out with this one, though you might want to see these $33 ea carbon fiber image Its not on exile site. I stumbled on them on a site called “Sick Skateboards” and it was under parts or components

1 Like

thats not a bad idea… i may have to make a metal one

will make a more dramatic fender 618526 like the ones on ATVs or race cars

How about side skirts I get a lot of inspiration through automotive design C7-CCC7-GTX-SS-CF_01

00_jpg_srzNot sure what these are

4 Likes

20180730_210730

1 Like

So does anyone have a 97mm wheel splash guard by now?

It rains here almost every day and when It stops I usually go for a ride and end up cleaning my boots for 20minutes and have to wash my pants lol

1 Like

Trying to get this thread active again.

@tonycamaro427 that looks sick! Can you add some more pics that are not fuzzy please :slight_smile: I found the link for these https://www.sickboards.nl/en/accessories/18435-exile-mudflap.html Do these work for 107 wheels? What is that thing in the rear?

@akhlut Is there any way you could modify your design for 107 superflys and CNC them in aluminium kinda like what wheelshields does? I’d purchase them from you.

I know this post is a couple of years old now, but was wondering if you had any success with fenders for AT wheels? I have a Backfire Ranger X1 and have been looking for a solution that will be easy to install and not look completely terrible - this design looks ideal!

1 Like

That design was fairly successful, though it wasn’t perfect. I’m pretty sure I uploaded it to thingiverse. You can see here how it bolts together, just two peices. If I were to redo the whole thing I’d make it as three peices, two halves that clamp to the trucks and the fender itself, this would make printing much easier and I wouldn’t need supports. IMG_20180209_095240_02

Since then I’ve been working on a new design, I’m not sure yet how far I’ll take it. IMG_20190331_194531

1 Like
1 Like