Ok, I have tried everything fellas. Here’s the deal…
Build number 3.5, have learned a lot and gotten good at diagnosing my issues. I am using 2 focboxes that I have been using and just switched them over to a new build which is a 10s4p 30q, flipsky antispark, 2 focboxes, bms, TB 6355 on surfrodz with 6shooters (w/ quick66 mounts) on the new evo deck with other little things) so I go to plug in first VESC to run motor detection (running split PPM with nano-x mod) and it connects fine for a second then I get to motor detection and I get this error
“serial port error: the semaphore timeout period has expired”
I can’t get VESC to reconnect at all. I’ll shut everything down, restart comp, and every once in a while I will get them to reconnect but then after a few minutes sane thing… I’ve tried…
- updated drivers
- different cables
- different computers (a surface and a dell desktop both on windows 10)
- having board on and plugged in when I open the VESC tool
- Not having board on when opening VESC tool
- I tried @CarlCollins from Enertions fix I found and that let it work at first, but still error’d iut after a few minutes into the set up
- Searched the forms up and down the last 24-48 hours and tried every potential fix I can find but nope.
Oh and running @Ackmaniac 3.1 firmware and using the VESC tool (not the 2019 one)
See PIC and hope someone can help so I can make my group ride later today.