Anyone tried the TorqueBoards 2.4ghz Nano Remote Controller?

It is way to sensitive especially if you want to start from a standstill (compared to gt2b). If you’re not leaning forward good luck. I wouldn’t use it on a fast board or a high torque board.

I use this on 12S and is just taking a little time to adjust to the remote. Patience will reward you my friend.

2 Likes

Buy it from @Kaly

Mine came in like 2 days!

is he still selling them?

Hi guys,

All is in carbon under my deck so i guess if i put the receiver inside, i will loose the signal ?

I found this pic of the PCB :

I guess the right thing is an antenna ? Can i extend it outside my deck ? What kind of wire could you advise me to do it ?

Thanks in advance for your help,

J

Cf will block your signal …the squiggly wire on the side of that pcb is the antenna …need to get to the bare metal and solder a wire to extend the antenna outside … Hope that improves the drop outs

Hm what if I solder a wire directly onto the trace?

I was able to bind a Hobbyking reciever to the controller. My winning reciever died as well. The hobbyking should be better at reception because it has a larger esternal antenna, not a pcb antenna. Also, HK recievers are very cheap. The inly detail is that the trigger works on channel #3 not ch#2 as I was expecting.

So, 2 solutions :

• to try to extend the antenna by solderind a wire to go outside. Any thin wire could work or i have to use a specific one ?
  • to use another reciever, like this one ? aliexpress receiver. How could i be sure that i could bind it ?

I don’t know if you can bind that specific reciever, but the hobby king 3ch works.

4 Likes

Does it work on ch1?

Nope, the trigger on the remote works on ch3 on the reciever. Haven’t tried to see if the button in the remote is Ch1 or Ch2 on the reciever.

Its the HK-GT2R reciever.

Thanks for testing this out, I ordered a flysky receiver to try it out as well :slight_smile:

The HK-GT2B seems to be et GT2B receiver branded by HK… I guess the aliexpress one is the same. Gonna try to solder a wire as an antenna first :slight_smile:

Got mine from Aliexpress, works awesome! was a little worried about the short travel on the trigger but there is no problem! :slight_smile: Using vesc enertion 6372

I tried one like it with my TB12s Esc’s. IMO, the TB mini RC remote works much better. With the nano remote, I did not get full brakes and, if I went a little distance from the board, the remote would loose connection and the receiver would default to throttle on and runaway board. Same thing happened if I turned the remote off while the board was on. I was chasing my board down the street until it crashed into something and flipped over. I never had these issues with the TB mini RC remote

The failsafe when losing connection can be set to coast by rebinding the remote, and unplugging the bind key while the board and remote are still turned on. If your motor is not spinning when you uplug the bind key then your motor will not spin when it loses connection.

2 Likes

Would be nice if these remotes came with more detailed instructions like that. I tried the nano for a short time and did not like it. I did not know how to set the fail safe, the throttle range was too short and I couldn’t get full braking. Much better control with the mini RC, anyway.

with your new VESCs it should work better since you can set the min max pulsewidth