Are ESK8 specific motors worth the extra $$$

I wrote to them about it and since then they added this description.

1 Like

cool, i wonder why they did not conform to the standard on naming? As far as I know every other motor there does.

It’s hobbyking…

2 Likes

I am comparing the price point to that of a 50mm sensored and sealed skateboard specific keyed motor which typically start at 65 (cost) and $120 (retail)…so it’s just a tad less than the competition from Meytech

Yeah those numbers typically are not the measure of the “can” or bell, but of the stator that the windings are wrapped around…that’s what controls the overall power, how much room for windings…the can or bell size may just indicate heat dispersion ability…and durability… This is a 50mm motor, don’t mistake it…

it may be a reference to actual stator size. My 6355s are more than 55.

1 Like

I was going to use an sk3, but switched to one of the TB motors 'cuz I knew it would fit my mount, which the sk3 did not.

That HK motor also says max motor amps is 45 that wouldn’t work for me I run double that…

So you use a ESC with a max of near 100 amps? which one?

by the way the sk3 63 motors are not really 63mm stator it’s actually a 59mm stator so when putting in sensors, be sure to note this important fact…we should measure this new hk skate motor to see if the nomenclature is accurate…