Are hub motors worse?

1. Never once have I claimed that me wheels are superior to everything else. Get your facts straight and stop spinning.

2. Of course I’m biased. Duh. I would be entirely impossible for me to be 100% unbiased. Being unbiased is not the goal. As long as I use real world experiences and testing I can tell which of my theories hold water and which should be scrapped. By getting involved in just about every aspect of skateboarding, I have a more open mind and have a broader perspective than most owner/designers. I don’t fall so in love with my ideas that I can’t kill them off if and when they aren’t viable.

3. It’s because I DO listen to customers, competitors, racers, peers, friends, and people in other industries that I have learned as much as I have. That and being willing to try new things, fail, and go back to the drawing board.

4. If I’m “in bed” with Carvon, it must be a pretty big bed. Because I’ve worked with Carvon, Ollin, Psychotiller, MetroBoard, Z-Board, Evolve, and virtually anyone who wants to make great products. And none of them have to be wrong or low-tech for me to feel good about what I’m doing. You actually have no idea whatsoever my “big play” is in this space. When it’s revealed you might learn something too.

5. I’m not surprised that you describe other skaters as “consumers”. It’s all about selling something. Sure I want to be able to make enough money so that I can continue to have skateboarding be my “job”, but that is NOT what motivates me.

12 Likes

@ChrisChaput Agreed 100%! I think ABECs record stands on it’s own. So far, enertions record is not the same, no mater how you want to spin it…

That said, I hope we can all work with great wheel designers like Chris so we can have the best wheels on our motors

1 Like

The V3’s look awesome. It’ll be nice to be able to rotate my wheels as my drive wheels always get worn down the most. The V3’s also solve the issue with most of the wheel not being connected to the motor on the V2’s. It doesn’t seem to affect the ride in any way, but it definitely has worn down my wheel faster in a reverse cone.

If the key to making Hubs ride better is more thane, it shouldn’t be that hard to go from 90’s to 97’s. On a 63mm motor, that would give you 20.5mm of thane. Probably enough where you could ride the outer edge while carving and maintain a decent grip. That’s 3.5mm more thickness than a set of Kegels which feel pretty nice for a push board or Esk8.

1 Like

damn I missed this :frowning: who won? design?

[quote=“onloop, post:232, topic:13330”] I’m the guy that is going to be the number 1 brand in electric skateboards industry, or die trying! [/quote] We will all miss you deeply…

JK :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

4 Likes

He’s not dead yet. He and his team just build the best production board. The hype is REAL!!

1 Like