Are these solders good to do the connectors?

Found these at home depot and I would need to solder the connectors to the ESC and to my flipsky anti spark, anyone know a good brand or is the solder good

2 Likes

That 40 watt unit might be. I woudnt try soldering with a 25 watt pencil tip. Too easy to get cold solder joints with not enough heat. Something like that is only good for small wires, not 12 gauge and up.

You can find a better deal on Amazon as a whole kit. It will save you money to wait an extra day

1 Like

Recommend the solder with the lead in it. I dont think its dangerous considering the small amount of soldering us hobbyists tend to do.

Look up a term called ‘tin whiskers’. Thats what lead free solder does. Devices with lead free solder tend to have shorter lifespans.

1 Like

What kind of solder should I get along with it?

1 Like

Will the bond last for a very long time? The lead solder, it’ll be my first time ever soldering something. Any tips to make everything nicely bonded and won’t disconnect while riding?

1 Like

Solder joints can last indefinitely. Recommend watching youtube videos to pick up some soldering techniques.

Put connectors together, so they soak the heat and dont distort. Tin both sides, use flux.

2 Likes