Well guys allow me to bring my first build topic on this forum. Some pretty awesome creations have popped up this week from @Rollertom and I hope you’ll appreciate what I work on, despite not being finished !
So here is project AT-One, these are electric inline skates. What’s already under the hood or being crafted to sneak under the hood :
- 2x Escapes VESC6 (one per skate).
- DD in-wheel motors 85kv 50mm (well it’s sorta hub, sorta not hub but it’s really in the core of wheel so… DD in-wheel?) with 19awg high temp enamel copper inside + some hybrid experiments, it’s pretty scalable so I’ll post about it later.
- multi-platform frames… it sits super low while being able to mount on 165, 180, UFS and Trinity skating boots. Basically any boot can do except no cuff marathon ones which are 195mm, doesn’t make sense with torquey electric skates (unless you wanna snap an ankle). It was a challenge making these agile with the bulky motors!
- I already have what I need to make a 8S4P battery of 18650 LG cells at home… I’m planning to jump at 12 or 13S instead (probably gonna sell my charger and BMS), eventually sell my new cells to get Samsung ones which are a direct upgrade at no space, discharge, temp or weight trade-off.
- No remote, it’s not a longboard or a MTB… I need something intuitive yet with no delay. I don’t want a “Zboard” feel either, so I’m exploring weird ideas with analog devices and arduino.
Here’s what it looks like in render (and at the end an IRL pic of what previous version looked like before being crushed in transport ; note that there already was a motor in the ABS frame mockup) :
Now I have few parts that’ll need CNC cutting again ! Since that’s expensive, either you guys are interested and I could try to group buy CNC’d parts and also negociate another batch of custom motors from my manufacturer (you can pretty easily make a workable version from skateboarding parts + add a remote combo inside if you don’t wanna wait for my “no-remote” system) or I simply make carbon layers out of parts I’ll reprint.
Voilà, thanks for reading and wish to meet&race you all guys ASAP