Ate shit today and loop keys

Oooh, ouch! sucks air in thru pouted lips That’s gonna smart! :confused:

It links me to this post and I still can’t see… Maybe it’s because I’m on mobile. By the way, I use the armored Hoodie from revzilla. It looks like a regular zip up Hoodie but I haven’t been able to test it because my board hasn’t worked really since I bought it. The one time I used @akhlut motor and stuff. I was wearing no protection lol. It was the naked bike ride.

1 Like

That’s brave :slight_smile:

1 Like

Click on “Don’t look”

Thanks, I finally saw it. Ouch. Hope he heals up quick.

smartest move ever.

I’ve been thinking about this, as I do when I read about falls and failures. Do you think if you were aware it was possible for the power cut, to have saved yourself?

Also, was it just power cut, as if your remote had dropped out? Or was there some drag/braking?

I know when I’m bracing for max throttle, I can commit my bodyweight (fun) or I can kind of bend my knees in the ready-for-anything stance. If I’m fully committed leaning over the front of the board, the power cut would probably throw me off. In the other stance, I think I can wave my arms around and recover?

I ask because I’m always trying to anticipate how things will fail and how to minimize death/injury/damage.

See, this is where I think really long boards would help - if the front wheel is essentially right under your front foot you don’t stand a chance, but if your front wheel is 6 or 8 inches ahead of you and your stance is wide you won’t eat it with just a power cut (I know this from experience). However, if it goes into brake you’re cooked.

I have only ridden 2 regular decks that were electric - one of my own and a Boosted, and the Boosted was very well behaved whereas mine was kind of a donkey but because it was so short I felt I wouldn’t have a chance if it kicked due to a power drop. So I shelved that board and stuck with my ultra-long land yachts.

I also think drop decks help, but maybe that’s because they force you to move your foot back from the front truck.

So I would suggest if you’re going to go fast or accelerate hard you might consider a longer board.

i mean, if i knew it was going to happen, yes. i could have just gone running. but i’m riding in a very crowded, dense area so one’s attention tends to dart from here to there.

it was just a power cut out, the remote i’ve been using has been bullet proof. at least i think so, can’t confirm because remote was fubar from the fall.

it’s a 40" deck, landyachtz tomahawk so it’s full sized already.

@thisguyhere “it’s a 40” deck, landyachtz tomahawk so it’s full sized already"

Or I could be wrong :slight_smile:

I went back and read that you were under hard acceleration at the time of the cutout, but my boards are all pretty underpowered, so that makes sense.