Australian Foosted Copy | DIY NOVICE | AKA Guz Death Sled | Powell Peralta Deck | Caliber 2's | 6355 190Kv Torque Boards | Dual Drive | 10S5P | Vesc 4.12

TWO Of these bad boys just arrived by in the mail :ok_hand::ok_hand::ok_hand::metal::metal::metal::metal:image

Paging Psychotiller??? Where are you??? Need me some trucks and mounts for these things :weary::man_shrugging::man_shrugging::man_shrugging:

Be careful with the settings on those maytech vescs. I would recommend very conservative settings in BLDC to avoid cutouts and dead electronics.

Vescs I have are from torque boards if that’s what’s your referring too? Haven’t had an issue yet and have had them at very conservative settings :+1:

Paging @psychotiller where ARE YOU???

Anyone know where psychotiller is? Holidays ? Not answering emails it’s been weeks man :man_shrugging::flushed::flushed::flushed::flushed::face_with_raised_eyebrow::weary::confounded:

Hey guys can you chase this up for me again I still need to replace my 6355 cans the request number is #11287. My remote has died now the stupid charging port broke off​:flushed::woman_facepalming:

Ok so starting death sled phase two I am going to build an enclosure for my VESCs’ remote receiver out of carbon fibre

Started mocking up from some old skateboard decks and my slide saw… aim is to try take the sharp edge away at the front a little

image image image

3 Likes

Finally got these in the mail they are sexy as f$ck took 6 weeks to finally arrive. Will take some getting used to these weird hangers that tighten from the outside. First problem is my maytech motors have only 26mm of axle but should be able to make it work. May need to turn down some spacers a bit more to get the pulley in as close to the truck mount as I can.

These mounts look bullet proof

Have started ordering some stuff to reterm my Maytechs to 5.5mm bullets to suit the TB Vesc’s

Found a good eBay supplier in oz if you guys here need these

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com.au%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F323648416493

Also got some better hardened bolts for motor mounts in oz from these guys with a bit more length

And some 10mm sealed bearing which look pretty good from these guys in Oz too

1 Like

My 97mm wheels look small now with these trucks :joy::man_shrugging: image

3 Likes

First of all thank you to @DexterEsk8 for coming through and sending me some replacement cans mentioned earlier in this story

Can’t say enough about torque boards they are awesome :clap: although I have run into one snag the 55mm cans have grown somewhat to the originals :scream::scream::scream::scream::scream::scream::tired_face::tired_face::tired_face::sob::sob::sob::sob::triumph::triumph::triumph::triumph::triumph::triumph::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob:

The can now rubs on the inside it’s about 2mm too long now…will have to work out a spacer for them

image image

I did notice they have improved the glue and the retaining ring is definitely bigger

3 Likes

Second try at carbon fibre…I’m fucked if I can get the bag to seal but anyways

image image image

1 Like

Looked like a disaster when I first got the mould out but I think it’s Gonna be ok with a few coats of clear…you can see the raised part on top is where the suction was in the bag :woman_facepalming:

1 Like

niiiiice guz.

Looks good like you say, with a little finish, it will be ok :wink: :+1:

Stalking me old mate!? Gonna turn that bubble into a G for guz :man:t2:‍🦳

haha you wish. I’m here to learn how to waste a disposable income

3 Likes

I hate this stupid enclosure how it’s sits up so far I’m gonna router down the centre a bit and try get it to sit flatter

2 Likes

I hope you mean youre gonna take it out of the enclosure and not the board… cutting tool on a dremel might be easier

Nut gonna burn a hole in the deck with my router… well that was the plan :joy:

#fibreglassitchisbad

Going to have to take off heaps to even get a small reduction at the edges :woman_facepalming:

image image