Australian Foosted Copy | DIY NOVICE | AKA Guz Death Sled | Powell Peralta Deck | Caliber 2's | 6355 190Kv Torque Boards | Dual Drive | 10S5P | Vesc 4.12

Oh no the mesh isn’t to keep out the dust but rather the rocks and debris. I ran them for a little while without it and got little rocks in between the stator and magnets. The TB motors are closed so rocks cant get in but the sk3’s have big openings thus the need for the mesh. I am in Clayfield so northside too but skate from there to Mt Gravatt for my commute to work. 17-20km one way 40km round trip. Its a good way to start and finish the workday :grinning:

3 Likes

Dammmmm hobbyking was a bit of a different experience… ordered Sunday and on my door step Tuesday night! :joy:

What did you end up getting?

@Boxer86 i got a 6374 Sk3 but got the stupid aero drive one without a key-way :slight_smile: Gonna modify it to work and have ordered another one. I might run one motor backwards and one forwards until i get enough bits together to build a new setup with SurfRods Trucks and Psychotiller mounts… I want a board with a tail i hate standing in the middle of a board. Plan is to use the board above and build a carbon enclosure. Not sure what Im going to do battery wise yet. i have a mate down here building stupidly huge batteries for his mates, putting them in 100km per hr scooters etc…:confused:

I’m pretty sure you said you wanted to go 12s :sunglasses:

Just sayin

true 12s would be sweet, but i want it to be reliable as well…options

Managed to get on the road again courtesy of hobby king … them phase wires are soooo short thou image

@psychotiller Dave i sent you a message on your website about your SurfRods TKPS and mounts just wanted to make sure i can run the mounts forward if i want to ? I am positive I can , but over $400 plus 4 weeks to get here so just wanna make sure! Insert noob grin here

PS Guys what gearing are you using? I have seen a lot of 41 tooth setups with wheels over 100mm…I have 97mm Abecs, so wondering if I gear up from 15-36 on the new setup…gonna run dual 6374’s in 190KV…Wondering if I should go down to 170KV to haul my fat ass better, oh yeah gonna keep running 10S5P for now…

Love guz :slight_smile:

That is a funny looking Sk3… just be mindful with the Sk8 I think they were designed to have the pulley lock the shaft and stop it from coming out the back of the motor where as most others use a circlip against the front bearing. They use a brass tube as per the product pic

If you don’t use it or any other way to retain the shaft you may end up getting bell float and unlikely that will end well.

wow i just hurled that thing… :hushed:

Do a test Guz

Motor is mounted on the board as per your pic, grab the motor can and see if you can pull it away from the mount plate. My guess if that it will move however much space there is from your pulley to the front bearing.

Most outrunners seem to use a circlip on the output shaft just infront of the front bearing, if I’m right and the sk8 don’t use one isn’t not the end of the world, just need to make sure you use something to retain it. Your local hobby store should be able to hook you up with a retaining collar (only good if small enough to contact the front bearing inner race), or you can just use a crush tube or similar like what came with the kit

Don’t worry I’ve researched some more and just realised I’m one of those really annoying people asking too many questions

Great thread Guz, I just finished my 1st esk8 build (I’m in Torquay) with a 4. 12 vesc on 8s and the same antispark, with the hobbyking keda 6364 190kv motor. https://hobbyking.com/en_us/kd-53-30-high-voltage-brushless-outrunner-190kv.html

2nd motor to be fitted when I can be bothered but having too much fun even with a single motor cruising, and with the esc dialled right back to top speed of 18kps.

Fyi I run 15/38 gearing on my 100mm boa’s and Tb trucks.

:+1:

That’s Mach 52,47813411078717

:flying_saucer:

2 Likes

:joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

About to order surf rods TKP’s and @psychotiller mounts… just trying to decide on pulley and belt configuration so I can order at the same time… anyone else running psychos mounts particularly 66 mounts on TKPS? Need to decide on belt length if I run 15/36 looks like 250 or 255 will work for me…that’s if I have put the centre distance in correctly at 60mm??? :man_shrugging:💆🏼:woman_facepalming:

Just making sure your aware it’s the surf rods rpk’s that seem to be the forum favourite and most longboards run rkp’s not tkp’s

Yeah thanks @MasterSpoon I’ve researched heavily and are torn between them! Being from a skateboarding background I’m looking for carvability and stability…tough one :man_shrugging: I have Paris 50deg trucks at the moment

Not sure if it’s too late to jump on this round but I think these mounts look damn sexy, is another option if you go Surf Rods RPK’s

Can anyone tell me the centre distance for Psychotillers 66 mounts I’m guessing it’s either 66mm or 60mm :woman_facepalming: ??

Pulled the trigger on Maytech 6364’s and Mr @psychotiller Quick 66 Mounts on 200mm RKP’s Now the waiting game :metal::hushed::hushed: I am now poor. Gonna try 15/36 gearing for now and see how it runs with my 97mm Abecs.

Maybe I should build a battery whilst I wait :wink:

looking forward to setting up this new deck and having a tail again!