Auxiliary Wiring Help With GoFOC DV6

Hey yall, I’m working on adding a few new modifications to my board. I have a set of shred lights (Two SL-300s and Two SL-R1s) that I wanted to hardwire into the board so I don’t have to worry about them dying on a ride and I also wanted to add a fan that would insert into a cut out in my deck above my VESC. I was going to use an old computer fan that I had because it fits pretty well and has a low-power draw. Does anyone know how to wire these up to a GoFOC DV6 or have any advice? The DV6 has two available auxiliary ports that I can set up with the VESC Tool but I’m not sure exactly how the electrical side of it works. If anyone could help me out it would be greatly appreciated! I’ve been working on the board for a while and got it working perfectly, I just wanted to add the fan for extra cooling (I would add a homemade replaceable filter to keep dust out of it) and the lights being hardwired to the board would be a huge help because the batteries don’t last all that long and if I forget to charge them it’s no good. They’re great lights, I just wanted to step up the convenience and useability of the lights. At this point, my rides are longer than two hours because I like to go on cruises and the lights don’t last as long as the board does (40 miles of range) so they die partway through some of my rides.

P.S. I know this was a lot so thank you for reading. I spent quite a bit of time researching wiring for the DV6 but haven’t found much information about it in forums. I’ve struggled to find even basic information about it in general as well.

Two points after my hello comment:

Sup, glad to see you’re still working on it.

1. Since they’re rechargeable, you could just wire a usb charger regulator on the board, but that would be too simple. To hardwire, you’ll need a converter and know what voltage they run on. I dont have these so i just buy a 12v light and use a 12v converter that converts my 36v battery to 12v for it to work.

2. if the computer fan is 12v, you can do the converter idea. Works the same way and you can wire in a switch to turn them on/off.

Ok Ill take a look into that coming up, Thanks!! Ill keep you updated!

any update on this - I trying to do the same thing.

Cheers!

Ive finished up the main components of a board and I have it operating as I’d like. My next project is going to be figuring out how to wire up auxiliary lights at the front and rear as well as adding a fan to cool the VESC. With the new deck I have I’m not struggling with any overheating issues, and I’m not going to cut a hole in the enclosure for a fan on this board. I have a new forged carbon deck that I would like to keep as pristine as possible. I am starting to build my girlfriend a board, so I will try and integrate that into hers. That might be a little ways out seeing as that is a sizable project, but I’m currently in the process of designing a mount for an integrated fan unit. I’m in the process of figuring out how to wire it and program it to automatically turn on and off depending on the temperature of the VESC. The settings on Vesc Tool seem pretty straightforward. The main thing I’m working on is wiring and I’m trying to figure out a way to make it a universal module compatible with all VESCs and diy boards. My initial design theory was to have a cut out in the top of the deck (protected from dust and damage) and build a filter system to keep dust from coming in the fan from the top of the deck. My plan was to use some thing like a car intake filter that I would cut squares from that I can just slide into a slot above the fan on top of the deck. This will allow you to replace the filters once they get dirty. Cutting up a car filter would obviously be a prototype, but I would ultimately like to start a board company where I offer options like this to customize your board, I wish point I would have an official manufactured product, not a janky car filter lol. Like I said, relatively sizable project, and probably a little ways out, but I’m currently tinkering and trying to figure out the most efficient and safest way to do it. I’m still drawing out sketches and diagrams in my notebook to figure out what will work best and I’m building little prototype fan mount inserts to mount the fan to the deck.

In short, I am in progress on multiple designs for the unit, and I am happy to share them if you are interested in my sketches and diagrams. Maybe you’ll have the time to figure it out and solve it before I can haha

Thanks for your reply buddy! we have progress … lol! :slight_smile: