Barajabali's EMTB build thread

Lol

:fu:t2:

The type 500 box can just barely fit only the cells. The bms i ordered is HUGE 200mm by 120mm… So what im thinking is the center box will carry only cells while the rear enclosure will carry the ESC’s, BMS, BEC, Receiver and charge port.

Or maybe i just dont use a second enclosure…? I know the BMS needs to be protected but maybe some heat shrink around that will do the trick… an entire new enclosure will add so much more bulk. Ive looked into a single bigger enclosure but there are just so many electronics and cells that it cant possibly fit.

I was using the outdoor type 500 box on my build with a 10S6P battery. in retrospect, it IS a good idea to have a separate box for the compnents that get hot, i.e. ESCs, since your battery will suffer from the heat and worse: only the side facing the ESCs will become hot and age faster. I basically built a chamber within the outdoor 500 box with the vesc having air vents and the was separated by a wall and insulating aluminum reflective foil. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Okay so I’m back on the search for a box then haha thanks for the advice

with your 10S8P battery the box is probably a pretty good fit though!

1 Like

So the 6372 is out of stock and I was just informed that over a week after I bought it lol.

We’ll see how long it takes before I get those in

1 Like

10s8p

5 Likes

I think that would be able to replace my car battery lol Good lord man…that’s a lot of batteries!

Are you connecting some cells just by pushing them together? I’ve always wondered if this would hold up.

Oh no never it wouldn’t ever hold up. Right now the cells are just glued they’re not spot welded yet I’m waiting on some more nickel strip.

How are u going to spot weld them if they are glued together? (I mean the inside of the pack, where the to sections of 40 meet)… just curious, sorry if it sounds rude

1 Like

Oh, very smart. I thought u glued them all together as one unit, very very clever

Thanks buddy! nope i just lined them up for a picture lol.

Need to modify the box or the battery (prob both) to get it to fit in nicely :slight_smile: 10s*150amp bms. Thanks @longhairedboy for explaining to me how to wire it correctly

10 Likes

You got a sweet looking box.

2 Likes

Thanks! I’ll put a picture up once it fits all nicely and closes

how are you using a 12s bms with a 10s battery?

My bad I meant to say 10s****