Battery Advice - What To Get And Where To Get It

This is my first skateboard build and I don’t know what to do when it comes to the batteries. I was planning to run this 213 KV motor (https://hobbyking.com/en_us/turnigy-aerodrive-sk3-6364-213kv-brushless-outrunner-motor.html) with this VESC (diy-electric-skateboard-kits-parts/vesc-the-best-electric-skateboard-esc/) and then use an 8s lipo battery, but unfortunately, I can’t find any 8s lipo’s that are in stock or have good reviews. so instead, should I go for two 4s batteries and wire them in series? What I really want to know is what would be best for that motor and VESC and where can I get it for a reasonable price. i.e not over $100.

I would also like to know what kind of balance charger to use when it comes to using two 4s batteries. I initially thought a 4s charger, but since their in series do I need an 8s charger?

Danke.

You can get a VESC from DIY for $99 (if your talking about a motor and VESC for $100 I don’t think you will be able to achieve it.

As for the charger, you can either get an 8s charger or charge one battery at a time as 4s. This would take 2x as long.

1 Like