Battery almost exploded during spot welding

Think you just made me 99% sure on what to do. Think I’ll just get the Arduino spot welder and do the diy Arduino another time. It’s going to take me some time to get into the making and parts, have to order, forgot to order something, gets everything. At least 2 weeksis spent on that. I can get the Arduino spot welder next week and be ready to go.

But thanks for the really good instructions and help. Right now I really just want to finish my board and ride and not wait 3 more weeks.

1 Like

I perfectly understand man. Just we aware that the Arduino spot welder is not perfect too and actually you will need to get it right too, such as time, pressure ecc… If you read in the thread a lot people have a overheating problem due to the small size of the spot welder ecc, so you need to stop in between session… I hope it will be faster, but at the point you are to me it’s faster use your diy one. I am sure your system when optimized will work way better and without overheating problem. You can actually buy arduino spot welder circuit already made from Ali too. Anyhow if you get the Arduino and the switcher locally you will be ready next week. The installation part takes 10-15 minutes. Most of the work is make the spot welder not connect two pins on the Arduino, believe me.

1 Like

Don’t think overheating will be that big of a deal. There is a fan in the case :slight_smile:

https://malectrics.eu/spot-welder-v3-case-assembly/

Ah ok this one is a good one. I thought you were talking about the one sold in the forum. Something like the Boss Arduino spot welder…the one you point I think you can actually change the pulse duration live using the knobs and the display which is nice.

1 Like

hi I have similar problem - and I’m using sun stone with pneumatic tower- ad have total stored energy 300 ws puls 1 - 74 ws puls 2 - 74 ws , and yo make almost all pack for Segway and after 10 battery’s its burning the plate same like here any idea -+2975612726 -whats up – will appreciate any help

hi have similar problem my one its even burning the nickel plates, can you send me some more info I would like to get more info bc I waste lots of battery’s , and we need them for Segway +2975612726 you can contact me by what’s up or email please thank you