Battery Enclosure Alignment on the bottom of the deck

Hey guys!

So I’m doing a Landyatchz EVO build and I need some help on how you get precise placement of the enclosure on the bottom of the deck? I’ll only drill it once and I don’t want to mess up the deck!

Here you go!

3 Likes

*Beat my too it lol

2 Likes

Guys so Torque Board is saying that you can just velcro the enclosure to the deck. Why not do that instead of using screws? Seems I never read about Velcroing. Yet I hear the idea is mount everything to the deck right? Velcro does seem like an easy solution.

If you mount everything to the deck it’s likely you can. I personally wouldn’t because potholes and other instructions may knock it off and then your running over it.

2 Likes

Yea like @mmaner said bolt it down, I’ve had a chunck ripped out of my TB enclosure and if it wasn’t bolted down who knows what would have happened to my board internals

59 04

Did few hundreds of kilometers with industrial velcroed box. I bet it would work with a normal enclosure if it had a flat top lid…

And our roads are very very shit. Pavements especially, with a lot of holes and sharp tiles.

Shit, I even carry it every day by the handle. xD

4 Likes

So it seems pretty solid? This one is a double din Torque Boards enclosure.

I have shit roads here to! Norcal.

It has seen water, tons of debri. No issues whatsoever. :slight_smile:

I would say you should also velcro the battery pack to the deck, so less load on tiny pieces of velcro holding the enclosure itself.

On awesome!

Yeah absolutely I will the kit I bought comes with straps.