Battery Help. Won’t take a charge

So recently I bought a merlo battery that’s a 10s4p battery. Unfortunately it wouldn’t fit in the enclosure due to the bms being glued to the side. I bought a new bms and shouldered all the connection it works fine. But won’t take a charge. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks bro’s!

1 Like

How can these two statements coexist lol

It looks to me like you have it wired to discharge through the BMS. The wiring looks correct to me. You also appear to have the BMS balance plug disconnected. It will not charge unless that is plugged in since those wires are what actually charges the pack

1 Like

Well it works as in when it’s connected to the Vesc and motors they turn and stop and do all the tricks. Soooo it works. Second part is it won’t take a charge as in when I put the charging cable in it it won’t take a charge. So it works just won’t take a charge. I hope you understand now

But do you have the balance wire connected when you try to charge it? What’s the setup when you’re charging? Have you checked the voltage of the charger at the connector to make sure that it’s working? Is there any chance the battery is already fully charged?

1 Like