Battery set up help

This is my set so far for my mountain board

Flipsky Dual FSESC6.6 Plus

2 Turnigy Aerodrive SK3 - 6374-192KV Brushless Outrunner Motor

Chain driven with a 6:8 ratio

Looking for a good battery set that would get more then 10m on full charge

You have 2 big motors, going with a low p count like 2-3 is not worth it, you could have much more power and range with something like 4-5p (35+ km)

Also dont you think that that ratio is a little too low? I would go with at least 1:2.5

Sorry dont know what p count

Went 6:8 for torque dont need to go fast

That ratio is meant for high speed, not torque. are you looking for a li ion or a lipo battery?

Why 6:8…

If you did the math, you would find out that will leave you with almost all the speed in the world, and very little torque

I can’t upload the calc screenshots… Yu need to do some more research though :slight_smile:

It says I have ‘no more space on this device @ io write’

1 Like

O ok i want to use lipo

68 tooth sprocket for wheels and 10 tooth gear sprocket for motor was going to use but i willdo more research

1 Like

Yeah, good idea !

You need to read a lot more before you choose your batteries and gears ratio (and the reste in general). If you don’t get the right stuffs, you will end with a board not complying your needs (torque, range, speed,etc…) Take your time and read a lot then ask us if you still have some questions.

Thanks for the info

It looks like you had called your 68 tooth driven gear and 10 tooth drive gear a 6:8 ratio?

If that’s the case, you are describing a 10:68 ratio, which can be simplified to a 1:6.8 – which is indeed quite a torque-y gearing

1 Like

Did not know i had to put the 1 in front after i decided the gears

1 Like

My bad thanks for clearing it up

1 Like

Ratios are odd, you can treat them mostly like fractions, unless you are using them in a recipe…

1 part water to 2 parts flour is really different from 1/2 water, 1/2 flour. The first (with a bit of baking soda and a fat) will get you biscuits, where the second will result in paste for paper mache or pancake batter.