Battery Welders | Is Sunko 737G or 788H worth buying?

Which battery spot welders do you recommend for 18650 batteries? Are Sunko 737G or 788H worth it ? I’m a newbie in battery pack department so for any guidance I would be really grateful : )

1 Like

They are ok for up to .15. Other than that they’re hit or miss on quality. Seen some do 10k welds and others die befor a pack is done.

2 Likes

Get a kWeld or Malectrics. Avoid the Sunkko.

4 Likes

Theres a thread on Endless Sphere regarding the Kweld if you’re interested. The guy who designed the thing answers questions there from time to time.

https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=89039

2 Likes

What power source do you recommend to pair with kWeld or can you recommend some welding machines that are little easier to use, simply plug and play?

1 Like

You would need to use a lipo or a lead-acid car battery with either one.

2 Likes

Not sure about the Malectrics, but with the Kweld you’ll need a batery capable of several hundred amps to get past the setup and avoid getting a low current warning. So if you get a lipo make sure its got a very high C rating and/or get a battery with plenty of capacity. Also good to sick to 3s or 12v. I tried doing a weld on 6s with my Kweld and it wasnt very happy about it. 6s makes the sparks fly from the tips of the welder probes and those sparks tend to be smoking hot bits of tiny metal.

Which brings me to the next point. Always always always wear safety glasses when spot welding anything. Having healthcare services or your mom on speed dial helps too. Only half joking. :v:

2 Likes