Beer related grip tape art

Anyone got any ideas? would love to combine my two hobbies by cutting some beer glass shapes or something similar.

I have no idea where to start, do people get them laser cut?

Lost of maker places have laser cutter, grip tape cuts with a laser easy. Or you can use a razor knife. I typically cut a stencil in vinyl and go from there.

2 Likes

I have a commercial vinyl cutter. Glad to help if I can. I’ve used it to cut grip tape i. The past

2 Likes

I’m in Australia, shipping usually kills things for us :frowning:

IMG_8964IMG_8963

3 Likes

I never could get mine to cut grip.

What happened??

It won’t pierce the grip, I can’t figure out the right settings I guess.

1 Like

That’s a big part of it is tweaking the settings a bit @mmaner. There’s a blade that you can buy it’s a little sharper as well. I want to say it’s a German cutting blade but I’ll have to look when I get back to the house

1 Like

maybe clear grip over a large beer decal or many small decals logos would look refreshing :beer::beers: https://www.ebay.com/bhp/beer-decals

That works be great, I appreciate it.

Hey @mmaner it’s a ceramic blade. They are in theory more resistant to dulling. Sorry for the delay getting back to ya.

1 Like

I’ll check that out. Any idea where I can find the settings I need to cut grip?

Sry I thought is said Bear related.

3 Likes

Probably some cool illustrations you could do w/ hops hops

Give this a shot and see if it helps: Set the speed up to something in the 450-500 mm/sec range. Depth to 10 mil and test a small part

1 Like

Ill do it, Ill see if I can find a ceramic blade for my cutter too. thanks for the help.

1 Like

Anytime brother, let me know how it goes

1 Like