Best backpack for eskating?

With high-end laptops costing even more than our boards nowadays, I was wondering if any of you happen to know of any rugged laptop backpacks that could protect a laptop in case of a fall. I’ve had to change backpacks twice already due to completely scratching / tearing them due to high speed longboard falls, so having a durable layer on the outside would be a big plus as well.

Feel free to share what you currently use, and why you would recommend it! Thanks!

1 Like

When I’m taking an “admin day” - Basically skating down the beach and doing 15 mins of admin in summer :smiley: I use a CamelBak Quantico. It’s tough as nuts.

I specifically sought out a military spec backpack for my work laptop, not because of value (company supplied) but because I once dropped it into a commercial dishwasher tank and it took me 6 months to recover all of my work and get over the disruption of losing it when the new one arrived!

1 Like

Will check that one out! But if you don’t mind me asking, how does one accidentally drop a backpack into a dishwasher? :smiley:

I use a Mil tec backpack. Had it for 10 years and still looks newish. It can fit a 15’4" laptop but it will be a super tight fit. . great backpack

Just the laptop, not the backpack haha. It just opened my eyes as to how important the laptop contents are, so I bought a good bag.

Edit* It’s actually quite easy to fall into these machines :smiley:

flight

2 Likes

Current suggestions are all pretty huge :smiley: I’m personally searching for something small and lightweight, but all suggestions are welcome, as someone else could find them useful. :slight_smile:

Any backpack will do if you buy a Pelican insert. The case will outlive 100 backpacks, you can also have a bunch if you’re into that and just move the case into them.

pelican-hardback-laptop

7 Likes