Best ESC for mountain boards?

Which ESC of all the bunch here have the best throttle and brakes? I’m not looking for VESC levels of smoothness, but I am looking for something tolerable for semi-precise riding in the city.

Planning to pull a @MoeStooge and shove an inrunner onto one of my boards.

Hands down for me it’s the Mamba XL-X. 3.2 miles of hard 35+mph braking while passing gravity downhillers has solidified this esc as my Go too. Data logging is excellent and programming features set it apart… 128deg farenheit was top temp for the 3.2mile uphill with average speed over 30mph… all on 8s. You can pull punch, power and fully adj throttle and brake curves…

2 Likes

Interesting. I’m building a technical/sliding eboard as opposed to my usual ‘race’ setups. This means creating a lightweight build with all of the weight located in the front (makes it much easier to control the tail in a slide).

I’ll likely start with a 6S1P setup that can output 100A. Motor of choice is the Goolrc 4092 using the same 9T/72T pinion gear configuration you have. Choice of wheels are Orangatang Kegels or AHMYO Akashas. How well will this setup keep up with say a ‘standard’ dual 5065 10S setup? Acceleration and Throttle control wise.

Motor for motor it will smoke it.

1 Like