Best Place for Parts

If you got time and dont mind hunting, you can make a pretty awesome board for your price range with used parts… requires a bit of patience but gives you a chance to read up

2 Likes

@CookyMellow this is absolutely the route you want to take. the ownboard parts are great for a beginner. Get a stiffer deck, maybe a flex 3 or even a landyachtz deck like the switch

(or shop on gumtree(isnt that your ebay?) and find some snazzy blank decks and add your flair

and please. if you buy your battery through them, dont even bother with the 4.0ah Samsung.

I know money is really the objective here but im telling you that the 6.0Ah is a far far superior battery

2 Likes

i second this…if u only got 500 buy a meepo or wowgo… if you really wanna build a board sink that 500 and bit more and build something that will last you. If you know your into board sports already… youre gonna love eskate and want to push limits…

2 Likes

Little bit more than your budget but I just came across this on the pictures only topic:

2 Likes

Thanks Pat, ill definitely take a look into these decks. Appreciate the recommendation.

Thanks @accrobrandon , thats what im thinking as well. If its gonna last me that little bit longer, i dont mind spending that little extra

Just seconding other posts basically $500 is going to be cutting quite a few corners but if you can throw another couple hundred into it and make it something like 6-700 budget then can make sure key components are high quality and can upgrade other things down the line if they have issues or you just want something different or nicer.

Mostly ESC and battery (along with BMS and charger or balance charger) are big costs.

Motor ~80-100 Battery ~100-300 ESC ~50-300

Motor mount pulleys belts etc usually around $150 for single drive, then board itself, wires, remote and any electronics tools you might need (mostly soldering tools/supplies, connectors)

1 Like

@dareno i know him personally, even was featured with my board in his skaterhq boosted ride video :joy: he really is a bit of a weird one but honestly you gotta love him ngl

1 Like