Best shoes / boots for freestyle mountainboarding?

Word up freetyle lovers!

So, it turns out skate shoes are pretty uncomfortable and have zero support when riding a mountainboard with heel straps. As I don’t wanna come out of my board I’m looking for a better fitting boot or high top skate shoe that gives a little more by way of comfort but more importantly support around the heel and ankle. I actually tried on my snowboard boots but they’re waaaaaay too bulky (and I looked like a tool!) so I was thinking that either a high top skate shoe or something similar would work? Something like these DC Spartans…

Or maybe something a bit more snug fitting like the Vans SK8-HI Pro?

Any recommendations from the veteran riders here? @trampa what do you rock when you’re shredding the landscape?

Hiking Boots are an option. Anything that gives some stability to your foot. Our team riders ware anything in between sneakers and boots. Personal preferences varies…

Frank

2 Likes

nice sharing!!

As freetyle lover I thought maybe I can touch the skye with this HiTop Batman shoes which I bought recently :joy: I’m curious if the heelstraps gonna move less with them.

1 Like

I was actually looking for this meme:

But the other on had me rofl!! :joy::joy::joy:

Dude - Batman aside they look perfect!! Should be super comfy in bindings. Looking forward to hearing your verdict. What brand are they?

1 Like

I thought it’s DC but it’s DC COMICS :laughing: have no idea, there’s no info about brand or manufacture on the shoes and box. Will report back how they feel in the bindings.

:rofl::joy: That’s exactly what I thought when I saw them first but I didn’t want to spend the double amount for the new 2018 Batman shoes in black with black logo :laughing: Also I’ll wear them for riding only and in the dirt the Batman logo will hopefully fade away…

1 Like

I agree with Frank! Hiking boots are a great option. Vibram rubber is a magical sole material. One thing that always pains me about skate shoes is that they are often built cheaply and the design isn’t really great for support and stability. I got size 13W feet so I wear New Balance shoes most of the time for support and torsional stability. When I put on Vans it feels like there’s nothing there. I love the classic styles, but my feet have different ideas. Here’s a good source for deep discount premium brands with good return policy. This da good shit…https://www.sierratradingpost.com/mens-boots~d~137/sizefamily~shoe%20size!13/

Hiking boots also sound good, maybe I’ll give it a try in the future. I clicked on the link above and instantly found boots for @DanSkates , the Dan Posts…

Dan%20Post

2 Likes

Those are for when your EKS8 adventures take you West. Tumble weeds and shit… :smile:

1 Like

:crazy_face::rofl::rofl:

Hey - I have a new solution for the front bull bar too:

4 Likes

Skate shoes…

love em/hate em…

Personally I only like the board feel of vulcanized soles normally by Adidas or Vans in a pinch, but here is the thing: you have to get the pro models (developed with pro skater input).The regular cheaper offerings are shit and fall apart, they are for wearing to the mall. I also like king foam aftermarket in-soles.

If you want support/cushioning at the expense of board feel go the cupsoles.

I ride my longboards a lot so i’m biased towards what works best for me there.

So beefy pro model vulcanized skate shoes with king foam in-soles for the W :checkered_flag:

4 Likes

Sick boots bro! Lol. Actually, the color scheme is kinda cool. If were in your boots, I’d slap a Trampa sticker over one Batman logo and an MBS sticker over the other, change the “B” to “E” in BATMAN, add Sharpie punctuation, and become E-A.T.MAN (Electric All Terrain MAN). :exploding_head: I mean, you do become a borderline cyborg when you strap a lightning powered dirt murdering stick to your adult kids boots. :zap::boot:

1 Like

I also thought about stickers or black gaffer tape over the logos.

All Terrain Man :joy: I also could turn Batman into Badman

perfect description, that’s what I got :laughing:

@DanSkates you pics made me laugh really hard :rofl:

2 Likes

Vans Skate-Hi MTE if its chilly out.

1 Like

Yeah I went with the Sk8-Hi in the end. Beautiful with and without bindings. With bindings you can’t feel the heelstraps rubbing your achilies but you still have enough feeling that you can feel when you’re edging.

I’m a fan of approach shoes, even just for normal riding.

But for mountainboarding, I can’t imagine riding anything else. The rubberized toes would surely come in handy.

My friend swears by his mountainbike shoes.

1 Like