Best way to lock up your board while on the move?

Not a crazy idea to tuck one of these in the enclosure. https://www.thetileapp.com

@CRABOLSKY Isn’t the range on those like 45 metres since it is bluetooth? Maybe a tracker that is connected via cellular

Oh really? I thought they had a gps chip in them. But now that I think about it there’s now way the battery would last even a day if it was talking to a satellite!

Does anyone know if its worth spending £60 more for spring trucks over skate trucks? I’m building an all terrain…

You could try putting velcro between the enclosure and the board. When you need to leave the board somewhere lock it up with the holes YusephJ mentioned and then just unplug the motor and remove the enclosure.

1 Like

I have a tile and its next to useless. If you are more than 30 feet away you cant ring it or locate it. Their is no gps, its based on other users locating it when you mark it as lost. Would 100% NOT recommend for finding a lost eboard.

can you not just carry it with you everywhere? That why I converted to boarding over biking because I can take my board everywhere and it never leaves my sight

another idea, instead of having everything in an enclosure on the bottom of the board, keep your lipos and VESC in a breifcase with your remote as the cases handle. you’ll connect to the motor via 3 long cables. just an idea if you want to protect your batteries and VESC

Yeah i think the best ideas are already discussed here. To guard the components you either have to:

1. take them off
  2. hide them (in a bag)
  3. build theft proof / tearproof enclosure

Also additionak devices like gps and alarm are also welcome (relies on other people and tech reliability when tracking the signal if the worst has happened

i will not be a bad idea to put a gps on it. quite cheap and farily easy install with live view :wink:

You’d need to be able to hide it fairly well though, also, a GPS might not work so well if the person decides to take the trucks while the GPS is connected to the board!

if u loose the truck only you are happy…loosing everything is something to think about… if you are using some sort of enclosure that is not see through than gps it…