Best wheels for street luge

Hey everyone. I’m a bit of a newbie when it comes to street luge wheels. I’m getting between 60 and theoretically 70 kph depending on atmospheric pressure and aerodynamics. Was told that street luge wheels need maintenance at higher speed to prevent them seizing up. Also when purchasing the wheels I got told they were designed more for stability at the expense of top speed, so looking at upgrading that too, as well as getting a wider truck. If there is any site anyone could recommend that would be much appreciated. (Before you ask, lack of chain protection is temporary)

3 Likes

Fyi feel free to build on this design I reckon it could be used to build a small scale electric car if two of these were used in conjunction or something like that.

Hey mate,

If you are going down the road of Street luge…it might be advisable to go to a double truck front setup like purely gravity-powered luge :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Lots of protection are needed i Guess!

That’s a good point though I’ve found this thing incredibly stable so far as the wheel is fairly tight, it did cross my mind to do that. It’s in need of a better outer frame too (I’m quite fond of using the two beams). Thanks for your feedback.