Bestech BMS, Switch not working

I actually have a very similar model, the 12s HCX-D596. I’ve about given up on it. I tried the things you described and it still just won’t turn off. In fact the only way to get the pack switched off was to remove the B- solder and unplug the balance pin set. I’m just going to buy a new d223 model for a 12s. I know that it’s just a short somewhere but at this point I’m going to just take the easy way out.

Thank you so much for trying to help

Do you have a multimeter to measure if the switch is working correctly? I had testet the e-skate before too and it was only after about 1km of total testing that it suddenly started to work

I could check voltages and resistances again to see what has changed since mine is working now, that could help.

I did other things that I did not mention here too, for example I took off the temperature sensor a few times (just screwed it off the heatsink) and put it back on. Maybe something has changed there too.

I did test the switch with the multimeter. It was stranger that there was voltage between the wires but snipping then apart did nothing to turn it off.

That’s weird, so you measured voltage between the wires in eather position of the switch? Did you try taking off the switch and shorting the wires by hand? That seems like the switch itself is defect

Yep did both. I also believe it’s just a defect in the eswitch. Lucy from bestech couldn’t figure it out either. I’m just going to try to stick to the more common d223v1 model for 12s. Thanks for your time

OK, I hope everything will work out then :slight_smile: you’re welcome

This may be a common problem with these BMS, as I have a 10s HCX-D596 and have the same issue with the bms not turning off. @Chase were you able to fix your problem?

I was not ever able to figure it out. I ended up getting a different model.

Managed to solve my problem - I double checked the wire solder points on the back with a voltmeter and voila - turns out the solder points were bridged. After desoldering the excess solder it works perfectly fine! thanks @Namasaki

1 Like

the solder points for the switch and thermal sensor are too close together. They should have spaced them further apart on the PCB