Big Cell Voltage Difference! + first ride :)

Yes, but you don’t have it :wink:

1 Like

Im just really want to know a cell isnt to damaged at 3.08V?

But I’ve no way of charging my lipos to 3.6v

Then you need to Wait until you Get your charger

It will be fine for a week right?

Yes, you won’t burn your house down or something(yet). Just put them away in the dark corner of your closet where your cat can’t get to it and wait for the charger.

1 Like

Awesome thats so reasurring thanks!

That’s it, it works. You can charge your batteries in the same way you did it before, just keep your eye on the balance connector checking voltages in each cell with the voltmeter while charging. I know, my English sucks.

your english is fine I can perfectly understand you. and thank you so much for the help

Yeah you can’t program that esc. It was an auto-cutoff at about 3.0 volts per cell. Easiest way to make sure your lipos never discharge too low is to buy a $6 battery indicator on eBay, and just keep an eye on it while your ride. Never let it get before 30% (about 3.4 volts per cell) and you should be fine.

I have one of those

Concerning lipo charge level, then i think you are somewhat lucky. Ive heard the lowest someone should go is 3,2 v.

Though im sure u didnt mess up your battery, 3,08 v should still be somewhat okay… just as recommended in future try to keep it on top of 3,3v or 3,5v per cell (ideally)

… once u get your balance charger just follow the voltages and check that they are reasonable levels…

Worst case ive heard is that if lipos get buffed then they might be damaged and should be handled with caution… though im sure yours didnt bulge up and ive seen people even using puffed lipos at great care and attention to discharge and cell level…

So yep… be more careful and return cell voltages to normal level once possible

My lipos didnt puff atall

is there any “crude” method of shutting off the batteries at a certain voltage or even setting an alarm to go off at 3.6V

Yep, maybe look for “lipo alarm”. Please read up a bit on lipos while you wait for your charger. Important stuff, like charging before use, levels to discharge to, and how to store when not in use. Good luck.

I would advise to install a proper voltage meter ‘on board’ of your deck… That way it is always possible to somewhat see the total voltage and just stop at certain battery level or be just way more gentle once lipos are at lower charge…

Otherwise I would advise to get a proper ‘lipo alarm’ - though make sure not to make it unreachable… once these little fuckers go off, they will constantly beep and annoy the heck out of you…

i would advise something like this - with decent voltage level readout and also alarm for specific levels… plus I think the sound is somewhat changeable or you can at least make it go away more easier than with traditional lipo alarm u can get for 2$ or so on ebay.

Thanks! 10

Ideal meter:

https://www.banggood.com/ISDT-BC-8S-Battery-Checker-with-Two-85dB-Buzzer-for-LiPo-LiHv-LiFe-LiIon-Batteries-p-1128253.html?rmmds=detail-top-buytogether-auto__14

Meter at more reasonable price:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/BVM-digital-1-8S-LCD-battery-voltage-meter-Tester-Buzzer-lipo-lion-liFe-nimh-pb/32260293512.html

(Not as nice screen)…

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/BVM-digital-1-8S-LCD-battery-voltage-meter-Tester-Buzzer-lipo-lion-liFe-nimh-pb/32260293512.html

Nice percentage / voltage readout - // does not show individual cell voltages unless u somehow hook one up to each group of cells… (6+ total)

‘Fancy meter’ - shows also watts consumed / wh left in battery (will really show how much is left in your pack + helps to determine at what power level u are riding, while also showing other important data /// Takes up more space…

https://www.banggood.com/Digital-Ammeter-Voltmeter-Wireless-Bi-directional-Voltage-Current-Tester-Power-Meter-Coulomb-Counter-VAC1030A-VAC1100AV-AC1200A-VAC1300A-VAC4300A-p-1126035.html?rmmds=search&cur_warehouse=CN

Personally I have been using this one:

Helps to see total wattage / power demanded from motor / esc. Helps to calculate how much is consumed from battery /// also isnt showing individual voltages, just the ‘major’’/ overall one of whole battery pack.

Last option (somewhat)… if u really one to cheap out… and deal with annoying beeping once on of the cells reach certain level…

Will throw in this one just for the ‘kicks’’… was also somewhat consider getting this one, it has nice voltage readout on display… (even though images dont show it on this site)

Oh and yes…finally, consider getting one of these in the future:

I think you wont get similar high tech battery charger for similar price and comfort you can get with this one…

U should soon find out that stock b6 chargers take a while to charge up bigger batteries + they are not as ‘intuitive’ as this one should be… will take a few clicks mostly, to start charging up your lipos… at least thats how it usually is…

I hope this helps… not sure what else to add here @Orin635

i have this

Ok just set it to 3.3v per cell and u should be good to go once u charge up your battery next time… (check how it is done, i think u need to hold one button and wait for screen to start flashing… )

Just place it in a way you can still reach it… and of course, u might need some sort of switch or parallel balance cable to keep it connected in a conveniant way… otherwise u will need to plug it in and out all the time before use