Big Wave Board | Yocaher kicktail | Torqueboards 6374 230kv | Torqueboards motor mount, 90mm wheels, 16/36 drive, 50° V2 Trucks | 10s | Vesc | Riptide Wfb, Aps Bushings | Neal Precision Blackout Ceramic Bearings | 35mph

My first build. Still working out the kinks of Vesc.

1 Like

2 Likes

Formed Kydex with electrical boxes from home depot. Stuck the entire board in a vacuum space saver for blankets. Perfect inch and a half deep and 4 inches wide for 4 5s lipos 5000mah, series to 10s then parrallel to 10000 mah

My Vesc fried with Drv fault within the first longer ride. Sent it back to DIY for warranty exchange. Meanwhile I ordered a 12s esc from DIY for a back up. When I got it going it heated up in the enclosure and would run at 1/4 power. So I made ram air to vent the heat right over the esc. No issues now whatsoever. I used plastic from a protien powder 5lb container, velcro and a riptide sticker. It forces clean air through the enclosure since it is close to the front of the board and infront of the dust that gets kicked up in the back.

1 Like

90mm wheels…16t pulley. 35mph

2 Likes

Nice build dude. Wheels go really well with that deck.

1 Like

Thanks man. Put the Vesc back in last night. We shall see if it faults on me now. Limited the erpm to 60000, however on the bench it only did 57000. I think this may be top for the motor volt combo even though it’s supposed to be 230kv. Must be less. Going to measure my top speed again with vesc and compare to 12s esc. I got so used to the esc I forgot how smooth a vesc is. Hope it doesn’t blow.

One of my DIY VESC’s failed too. I had to get it repaired under the warranty after only a week of riding. I can’t believe how fragile these VESCs are. If another one breaks, I’m not gonna waste my time or money on anymore VESCs.

Chaka vescs are the way to go with vescs

1 Like

Ok. Just had an interesting experience. My Vesc slows on hills to about 20 and top speed was 29mph. The torqueboards 12s esc dilivers power much better. No slowing bog down, you speed up on hills and top speed was 35. Vesc set to max motor 80 amps and max battery 80. Braking and acceleration of course are smoother and safer braking.

We’re all waiting for VESC 6.0 :slight_smile: I am at least…

1 Like

This is Layne :). I figure when I’m town use vesc and when jamming a route use your esc…

How much for the whole kit? Caz I have the deck.

1 Like

I built it myself. Pieced together from different sources. Not a seller of boards. Heres my latest board. I can give you a rough estimate of materials and tell you what ultimately works best though, in my experience at least :thinking:

1 Like