BKB DUO Max speed problem?

Hello there! I just recently built my BKB Duo and I am starting to learn about the world of DIY Esk8. Upon riding my board I noticed that my top speed that I am hitting on a full charge is only around 24MPH. The advertised speed for the gearing that I have is 28MPH. The gearing that I am using is 15T motor, 40T wheel pulley, and 97mm wheels. I also weigh 150 pounds. Is the speed I am getting normal or is there some setting in the VESC that I should take a look at? Any help is appreciated thanks!

1 Like

My friend just built his duo and it tops out at 25/26 mph and was asking the same. Guess it’s more normal than I thought.

1 Like

Well that is good to hear. I just thought it was weird because they advertise it as 28MPH on the stock configuration. Guess I am gonna be purchasing some bigger wheels :slight_smile: or gearing up

1 Like

No offense, but what weight are you compared to the sites rated top speed rider weight? I only say no offense because I have to for legal purposes.

What? Does their advertised rider weigh 50 pounds?

1 Like

Top speed will never be equal to theoretical top speed.

Wind resistance, rolling resistance, rider weight can impact top speed.

1 Like

What’s odd is that even with no resistance on the board my remote says only 26MPH.

1 Like

Test with gps devices / phone apps, to check if remote is properly calibrated.

1 Like

And even after calibration I don’t think they are accurate.

I have tested it with gps and my max was 24.

1 Like

What battery comes with it?

Samsung 30q 10s3p

1 Like

Yep, same for him. Someone is pumping up those specs a bit in the description

1 Like

Do they use unity’s/xenith’s?

Flipsky 4.20+

1 Like