Starting Tips | Ask Questions | Introductions | Categories

Blown/melted fuse on spark protection switch. Connector burned off of switch. Board not working

I had been throttling the motor pretty hard. I stopped and noticed some smoke. The board stopped working. I opened up the battery compartment and saw all of this. The fuse/antispark switch were sitting on top of the battery. I’m not sure if the fuse just got super hot and melted, or the battery got super hot and melted the plastic? The “in” female connector on the antisparkswitch just came off of the thing. I’m sure I will have to get a new switch now at least. Is there anyone that sells these presoldered with the connecting wires? What could have been the cause of this? If I put a new one in, will it just fry again? I bought this off of someone and don’t have any experience building these. Please help! Thank you!

thumbnail_IMG_5654|666x500