Bluetooth Adapter for VESC

If you are using the UART port for anything else, a bluetooth module made for that same port will not work for you. 1 UART device per port (without some sort of in between module). So yeah, unless you use a different port (which should be theroetically possible, and should be pretty easy since all you really need is the ADC. 3.3V and GND can be gotten from other ports, but you’d probably need a custom firmware) you won’t be able to use this module.

I see…perhaps USB

you mean to plug a bluetooth module into the usb port on the vesc?

not quite … I mean USB to Windows PC… running BLDC tool in Live mode… thats the only way I know so far…

@oriol360 I recently received 2 vesc bluetooth adapters from you (Miami boards) and tried both (separately) with my brand new vesc and battery and two new motors (which I tried separately in single motor setups. torque board vesc and motors, 190kv, 12s5p battery), but it doesn’t work beyond successfully connecting. In the app, after connecting, pressing buttons doesn’t do anything. It won’t read configuration, do motor detection, etc. The flashing red light turns a solid red, indicating the connection as you mention in your video on how to connect it. Everything on BLDC tool on my computer works perfectly fine however.

Any suggestions?

What’s your baud rate set to in BLDC Tool? Which app are you using? Different apps use different baud rates to communicate

@bender I’ve used vesc connect and vesc monitor, but it would only connect to vesc connect. I found the baud rate under UART in app configuration and its set to 0. What should it be for this to work?

It should be 9600 or 115600 Can’t remember which Jacobs app is

So I tried both 9600 and 115600. Only the first one connects (the second doesnt get detected at all) but after connecting its the same as it was before :sweat: nothing else in the app works. I’m sticking to vesc connect since it seems to be the best from the few I’ve tried, but if you think another might work better or anything let me know.

Have you tried to connect on a different phone , Android or iPhone , laptop?

@Atimu

do me a favour and try if it works with my app.

Ackmaniac VESC Monitor Android App

Try 115200, 115600 isn’t a standard baud rate

I tried it on two different android phones and its the same problem. I don’t know about any Windows bluetooth vesc apps or anything.

The Ackmaniac VESC Monitor app connects just like the vesc connect app but nothing seems to be working.

The 115200 baud rate connects in the app, but the same problem occurs. I also noticed the disconnect button in the app doesn’t work. But the app lets me input values and stuff so I know it’s not crashing or anything.

Please try a baudrate of 9600 with my app and connect it to the master VESC. And you need to connect the VCC of the Bluetooth module to the 5V pin of the VESC. RX on the VESC needs to connect to TX on the module. TX on the VESC needs to connect to RX on the module.

2 Likes

I have the module but not the app, cant find it in the app store

would this work?

Hey guys just got an hm10 module and have been trying to get it working. It connects but doesnt show any data. I have baudrate at 9600 and ppm+uart selected. I suspect i have the pins mismatched but i dont want to take the white wrapping off the meb vesc to check. Could someon who has the oesc from meb tell me the pinout from the uart port?

20180721_113308

Currently have it like this, black is hm10 vcc, white is hm10 gnd, orange is hm10 rxd, green is hm10 txd.

@oriol360

Vesc%20Pin%20layout

@cryo what app you using?

1 Like

vesc monitor from ackmaniac on his firmware 2.54 and android 7.0

edit: Nvm its working now for some reason… guess I just had to power cycle for settings to take effect? Thanks for the help.

what meters do you have? you have diy electric skateboard vescs?(i broke one of my vescs and i need remplace it)