BMS Group Buy: Who's in and for how many?

soft switch is on board. All you need is a push button and fuel gauge which is about $10 worth of accessories on ebay. balance leads are maybe another $5. You can buy lower powered ones for less money. We went big.

I may step down to a 50 or 60 amp version next time, but this time around i wanted to see what i could pull out of these cells.

my only issue with this BMS at the moment is that it doesn’t have a single balance port, it is instead split across two physical ports according to the data sheet and that’s going to require that i make an adapter of some kind, which is fine. Its probably a good idea to keep things modular anyway.

double the over/under current/voltage protection seems like a solid reason. Things can be limited on the complete pack as well as on the VESC, but i’m not just building a pack for one application. I’m building a process to build packs for other people’s boards as well.

1 Like

@laurnts I agree that it could be cheaper. I think the high shipping cost is really throwing it off for us! As far as bypassing the BMS during discharge, you’re right that it’s possible, but then you don’t get the low-voltage protection that the BMS offers. This particular model is probably over spec’d for most esk8 purposes.

But the VESC already has a low voltage protection, hasn’t it ?

I think I’m going to go with the $110 quote for two that I got (from alibaba). If anyone wants the second one let me know.

@akira That’s correct. VESC has it’s own low voltage cutoff feature.

@paragon posted a picture above that mentioned the same BMS we just got quotes on, and put that quote at $39 a unit price. I guess that’s why I was bringing this up and shit bruh. Not sure if bringing it up with them is gonna work out for me or not lol

Try getting a quote through alibaba. They gave me the higher quote when I emailed them directly.

did you just paypal them through the account given on the invoice?

just making sure before I pay for it directly through paypal, and not a website referral of some kind.

Yeah and then I got a confirmation email from them. It’s on it’s way or so they say.

2 Likes

I just emailed them again (making sure to keep the email very simple), because I didn’t receive any confirmation… weird.

I paypaled them the exact amount specified, and added a note makings sure they knew the payment via paypal was for “BMS for Caden Matson ([email protected])” yet I didn’t hear back.

i just heard from them yesterday, they say its shipping this week.

@longhairedboy I am too late :frowning: But if anyone has a extra one or if anyone falls off, i’ll take one!

my 10S BMSs just arrived! and they included balance leads for the weird split port thing they did, so bonus.

2 Likes

@longhairedboy I’m always a little bit amazed when orders like this actually work!

2 Likes

@kaywerks I think we can still add an order if you want one. Read the thread above and PM me your details if interested.

@longhairedboy or anyone else who got a BMS, could you post up a pic of the schematic?

I have seemingly lost mine and therefore couldn’t solder up my BMS today…

or if there is a web based diagram that’d be great too

i think i have the paper one they sent in the package. I’ll try to remember to take a pic of it and post it here.

1 Like

How are they holding up / working ? I purchased a 10S BMS from eBay and it was DOA. i’m curious to see if you guys got them working