BMS Group Buy: Who's in and for how many?

Looks like what @chaka said about their english was a legit thing. lol They didnt get us info on more than two? or did you not ask yet?

My guess is that if they are going to have a hard time working with us to setup the deal, they would have a hard time working with us to setup individual shipping.

Sounds to me like we might have to consider getting it shipped to one person who then ships it out to the rest of us. Anybody else getting that vibe or am I a crazy ole shark?

Language barrier or no, I think weā€™re getting slow-played on this hand. They know what we want. I already messaged them with very clear/ concise questions and they keep coming back with that same quote that @paragon just got. I have the exact same quote in my inbox. They donā€™t seem to understand the concept of group buy, ORā€¦They are slow playing us because a good sales department knows how to maximize profits. IDK @sharkface I totally agree with you, dude. It sounds sketchy at best to get group pricing and individual shipping looks like it would not really be a smart $$$ move for Bestech. I said I was in so damn it Iā€™m in, but if this is not the right deal for us, maybe reconsider the Supowerbattery one:

Hereā€™s an 80A version: Any thoughts?

Btw sorry this is out of the question, before ordering, is it possible to use BMS of lets say 10s configuration for 6s configuration (at least lower than 10s)?

I wouldnā€™t try it but if someone else here has Iā€™d love to hear about it.

In light of recent event, I would love to see us turn to a 12S solution for this group buy :wink:

Edit: forgot that one was for 3.6v nominal cells, but still would love some 12S action.

Iā€™ve heard back from Bestech! Like @chaka has mentioned, communication with them is a little bit challenging. But hereā€™s what I was able to learn:

They are willing to send multiple invoices for the order, so we can each pay through paypal for our individual purchases. They will ship to multiple addresses, but itā€™s not clear if the MOQ for each address is one BMS or two. I think itā€™s one, but I guess weā€™ll find out!

Their instructions are for me to send them a mailing address and an email address for each buyer, and they then will send a quote\invoice to each of us with payment instructions. We can chose, at that point, to dive in or not.

So, if you want to give it a shot, PM me that info and Iā€™ll send it to them as a bundle. This particular BMS seems ideal, which is my motivation for trying this one instead others.

I like the idea of many of us from the group liion order getting the same BMS for our builds, we can troubleshoot together!

DISCLAIMER: Iā€™ve never ordered from Bestech before, and I canā€™t speak to their speed or reliability, so please know that Iā€™m just trying to help! If we all get ripped off, go after them, not me :smile:

Hereā€™s the lineup for the buy

@treenutter for 1 @cmatson for 1 @paragon for 1 @Ulfberht for 1 @longhairedboy for 2 @evoheyax for 2 @Sharkface for 2

Finally, no hard feelings if you decide to go another direction!

1 Like

If anyone wants to get down on a group buy on the Samsung 25r lipo cells in a few months, I would be down for it. I wasnā€™t able to get on the last one due to $$$, but Iā€™ll be better off in a few months.

Thanks for PMā€™ing me your info everyone. I sent the order to Bestech today. We should each receive an invoice and instructions for payment via email. My fingers are crossed that this works!

@cmatson @paragon @Ulfberht @longhairedboy @evoheyax @Sharkface

Hell yes! iā€™m looking forward to building this pack.

Guess i better get a deck in the press for it now!

1 Like

You better post your build or Iā€™m going to Florida and sitting in your workspace till you finish one ā€¦lol

1 Like

Awesome! you can babysit so i can get some damned work done. lol

Shit we could have daddy daycare

Dude be happy I donā€™t live near youā€¦ People would think we be having an affair

i can only imagine the antics involved. Especially with my completely fearless little one.

Ughā€¦we could start a whole new group discussion on this topic lol

I just got an email from Besttech showing the same model, and the same count, yet instead of $78 its $99 for two?

Can anybody else confirm this or have I been hitting the bottle too much tonight.

@longhairedboy @evoheyax

yeah thatā€™s what i got. i didnā€™t realize it until after i paid, but it was $99 for both instead of the $78 plus shipping and a paypal fee. $133 total. But we also didnā€™t get the 60amp version, we got the 80 amp version with a burst over current protection at 240 amps, which i thought was kind of ridiculous until i remembered the cells we bought each have a 100amp burst and 20 amp continuous and i think most of us are doing 10S4P with those cells, which is also quite ridiculous.

but thatā€™s what we do here. We build ridiculously over powered rocket sticks.

@Sharkface @longhairedboy my invoice is for $78.23 for one unit. The unit itself is $49.50, shipping is $25, plus their PayPal fee.

Wow this BMS is so expensive that doesnā€™t count the lithium setup its self. If you add a voltmeter + soft switch + fuse with just 10s3p config youā€™ll end up same price as space cell minus the case. Not sure if buying BMSā€™es worth when the bms is so expensive. TBh they should cost less than 20 euro when bought together in high quantity.

1 Like

Why do you need the BMS for the discharge ? Canā€™t you just have it for the charging and bypass it for the ride ? You could then go to a much cheaper BMS since you have less current requirements ?

2 Likes