Board drifts to left

Hello, my board suddenly started to drift to the left whenever I accelerate. When im not using the motors and cruising downhill, the board rides perfectly but as soon as I start to accelerate I get thrown to one side. I am not sure how to fix this problem any help would be appreciated

3 Likes

Could be loose hardware or worn bushings on the trucks. What kind of board and can you post pics?

2 Likes

ive tried swapping the bushings and im still getting the same problem, and what exactly do you want pictures of?

1 Like

oh and it is a verreal rs

1 Like

try feeling the motors

1 Like

im pretty new so im not sure what this means. what should i be feeling for?

1 Like

Either the problem is mechanical or electrical. Has this always been an issue or is it something thats developed as you use the board?

Does anything feel loose? Have you gone over the esc settings and made sure you dont have an overly agressive setup?

Just trying to narrow down what the problem might be.

2 Likes

this has started suddenly since just a day ago, and it was working perfectly fine before. it has nothing to do with bushings belt tension or bearings as i have tested these all out already. the esc is on the correct setting, i never messed with it.

if this helps, it seemed to start after a shredlight got lodged between one of my motors and the motor guard. i took the shred light off obviously but it melted through the rubber casing on the light

1 Like

Sounds like either the motor or esc was damaged then. You could try swapping the motors and see if it pulls the other way.

I should have paid more attention too, your first comment did say motors and not motor.

2 Likes

im gonna try swapping the motors now. if it pulls the other way does that mean the motor is damaged? or the esc? i really hope its the motor cause escs are so expensive

1 Like

Damage to one side of the esc would remain on one side of the esc. So if one motor is pulling stronger than the other and that pull changes sides when you switch motors then its damage to the motor. What kind of damage is a different question altogether. Its possible that the motor overheated and damaged the windings or magnets. Doesnt sound like a hall sensor issue but Iā€™m no expert.

3 Likes

okay perfect i will update this by tommorow when i switch the parts around and determine whether its the motor or the esc thats damaged

2 Likes