Boosted board battery swap

Yes and than try to get it delivered. I tried it once when the extended pack came out. Thought I can buy and let it ship by shipito :sweat_smile: Didn’t know about all this battery rules at this time… Ended up selling it by eBay and ship it locally in the USA as I couldn’t get it out of the us

@barajabali has had some experience taking apart boosted batteries for a diy and another project he was working on. He might be able to help.

Really? I used Shipito to send the Boosted to Krasnodar (Russia). Again no issues.

I’m going to Russia in about 2 weeks so if you can get the battery delievered to Switzerland in that timeframe, I’m happy to take it with me and send it to you locally.

2 Likes

If you ship the hole board no issues. If it’s spare battery than they don’t sent it. I tried but they refused to send it with any of there carriers. You can read about it in there faqs about dangerous goods. Doesn’t matter how much wh the battery, if it’s not mounted in a device they don’t ship it. Only by ground service within the us. Thx for the offer, but I first need to send boosted the defective battery and only after they will sent me a replacement. Will try to get it with ems to my parents in Germany and than hopefully take back the new one in November when I visit them.

Ok, good luck!

1 Like

The pack can be opened and bypassed successfully but if it doesn’t charge then it’s useless. You can’t access the bms/charge port/ switch side. All you can do is bypass for discharge

1 Like

@andy87 I could make you a 10s4p battery and ship it Russia along with the enclosurw you will have 3 times more range than Boosted.

1 Like

Thx for the offer. Looks like I found a solution to get the broken pack to boosted with a other carrier. So i‘ll first try to take advantage of my warranty. But you can check your enclosure thread, I would need an enclosure from you, just not sure if we can get it fit :wink:

Strap it to a piece of flat wood, add the enclosure and send it. :grin::+1:

1 Like

i first read “…and through it in the river” :joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

I didn’t want to say it out :sweat_smile:loud

1 Like

Noob here. Does anyone know if I can swap batteries on two v1s that i have on my own? I am happy to resolder wires, but that is the limit of my abilities. Will any programming be required? will the bms detect no battery during the swap and cause an issue?